The exact moment a game series died

Death Adder
Administrator
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: The exact moment a game series died

mechaMenace
You can't keep cumming forever, man. Give it a rest.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: The exact moment a game series died

mechaMenace
The PIC keep banking on the name. I find it ironic how the same topic elicited the exact opposite response from two people in the MCCU. CF gives his reasons for embracing the new Saints Row this week (TCR400). Have you listened? I went off on a rant in the comments, but

it's more or less B

; sometimes it just gets old and people are too afraid to move on.

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: The exact moment a game series died

mechaMenace
Death Adder wrote
But to like something that is obviously bad and meant to push an agenda above all else??
I don't know what agenda you believe is being pushed. I see it as once where Saints Row was leading in goofy single player customization, they are now following Fortnite's lead with goofy multi-player customization. Maybe they chose to mimic the design of the characters because they want to attract the same fanbase. Is there even story in Fortnite? I thought it's a multi-player shooty shoot game only. I do think CF has a point in his interpretation of where do heroes of the Saints Row story go from owning the universe?

I've always wondered how these projects are even pitched. Do the higher-ups think they are coming up with a unique idea or do they knowingly try to come up with an idea that's exactly like the competitor?

It's better that I close my own tangent here since you wanted this to be a drop a link and a line kind of thread.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: The exact moment a game series died

mechaMenace
Ok :) let's tangent/

I use a Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 with a riser attachment. It's like you fatted out on a Thanksgiving dinner then splayed yourself on the sands of a beach with a nice cool breeze during the Summer--sleepy time comfort. Going back to normie keyboards is stressful like someone puts you in charge of running one of those old-fashioned electrical grid stations by dams or waterfalls after waking you from bed in the middle of the night even though you have no idea what anything does. Everybody is relying on you to push the right button. If you can imagine such things....

I didn't see anyone minding their Ps and Qs in this Saints Row trailer, so yeah, I don't see how there's an agenda being pushed. Is this the first trailer for the game? It could be that they wanted to send something out into the world that would be viewable to everyone without an age gate. I just re-watched (two naughty words). Maybe there will be a red band which has the Postal norms the series adopted over the years. I mean, it is a GTA-inspired clone after-all, right?

My approach to modern for the last several years has been osmosis. I might see an article or trailer about a game, but I don't seek out info. All I know about Fortnite is that it's a multi-player 3rd person shooty with goofy customization. I don't know if there's a story, which could be where our understanding differs. Maybe you know something I don't.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: The exact moment a game series died

mechaMenace

I mean, look at the cover. We have Batman ready to punch Superman. We have Superman flying toward Batman in order to give him a laser lobotomy.

Unfortunately, this game has no ballz. T rating wussifies the whole premise. Everybody knows this game is made by the MK people so it disappoints everyone. The gimmick is this is the dark and

comic hero fighting game. Just dumb. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Where's princess Diana giving people a Colombian necktie with her lasso? Where's Flash vibrating people's bodies to smithereens? Where's Mister Freeze piercing the gut of enemies with his freeze gun, freezing the stomach, then shattering it to pieces as goop flows out of the esophagus into the void where the gut once was?

Man, I'd write a way more fun Justice League movie than either cut. What a trainwreck of a movie! I hate that fans think the Synder cut somehow redeems that bowl of vomit. They are starved for content and when they see a Martian Manhunter out of nowhere, they don't think why. Also, there's the whole Lois Lane sad side-movie that sure brings the whole thing to a screeching halt. I hear the kid playing Flash is a really jackass. I hope his movie is more entertaining than what they had to show in this cut. Can we include movies in this thread? If the DCU wasn't killing itself already, this tie-in didn't cast the phoenix down Warner was expecting it to do.

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: The exact moment a game series died

mechaMenace
Death Adder wrote
 I am going to kill myself on a Facebook live stream, SCREEN SHOT THIS.
I think they f'ed up. There are three Waldos in that team photo (can you spot em?). Does anyone else think Daria would be the most interesting to talk with? Below Wednesdude(?) Addams, no glasses, on the far right. She has that kind of f everybody look.

When you have a garage sale, DA, I want to buy all your expensive junk for a dollar :)

CONTENTS DELETED

Who is buying this shit?  God damn modern games are trash.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: The exact moment a game series died

AlexSwingle
I watched the first episode of Halo. It's worse than Modern Anime. They scale power levels based on what they want to convey at the time of action.
The Weebs fleeced my vidja collection.

Re: The exact moment a game series died

But Halo man doesn't have a face.

Re: The exact moment a game series died