The exact moment a game series died

Post the exact moment a series died using only YouTube links, no commentary.

Saints Row

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJzmN3KOSKg

Halo

https://youtu.be/irlAjorOOdo?t=125

also see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A785RkGfl0

Re: The exact moment a game series died

mechaMenace
You can't keep cumming forever, man. Give it a rest.

Re: The exact moment a game series died

Alright, let's try and get some context out of this latest Mecha Menace riddle, are you referring to me...

A) Shit posting too much on the MCC forum

B) The fact that new mainstream video games will never be good again, so stop complaining

C) You've hacked in to my Xhamster account and are concerned about the number of German JOI videos in my favorites, it's under 50 videos, I don't see the reason for concern

Re: The exact moment a game series died

mechaMenace
The PIC keep banking on the name. I find it ironic how the same topic elicited the exact opposite response from two people in the MCCU. CF gives his reasons for embracing the new Saints Row this week (TCR400). Have you listened? I went off on a rant in the comments, but

it's more or less B

; sometimes it just gets old and people are too afraid to move on.

Re: The exact moment a game series died

No, I haven't listened to TCR in a month or so, I just clicked the link and the thumbnail makes it look like CF is agreeing that it's doo doo.

Saints Row 1 held me over while I was waiting for GTA IV to come out, and it was a great "GTA clone" even did some things better than GTA at the time.

Then I played one of the later games, where everything is set to GOD MODE......those weren't really for me.

It's sad to see any franchise getting killed off, but I was never that attached to it.

Going back to before the world sucked, I did watch Postal The Movie on YouTube via Balzak link, it gave me a few mild chuckles. I enjoyed watching little children getting shot way more than I expected. Would recommend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQBRURWzJ_A

Re: The exact moment a game series died

I just skipped to the 5 minute section he talks about the trailer, holy yikes-o-la.

CF has been known in the past to dislike things that are popular as a part of his edge lord gimmick. But to like something that is obviously bad and meant to push an agenda above all else?? He mentions he is sick in the segment, maybe he had a bit too much cough syrup floating around in his system?

"Keep making games boys, I'm interested." -CF

Anyways, here is another link to a happier time in our timeline bros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReVHDWOL_pI

Re: The exact moment a game series died

mechaMenace
Death Adder wrote
But to like something that is obviously bad and meant to push an agenda above all else??
I don't know what agenda you believe is being pushed. I see it as once where Saints Row was leading in goofy single player customization, they are now following Fortnite's lead with goofy multi-player customization. Maybe they chose to mimic the design of the characters because they want to attract the same fanbase. Is there even story in Fortnite? I thought it's a multi-player shooty shoot game only. I do think CF has a point in his interpretation of where do heroes of the Saints Row story go from owning the universe?

I've always wondered how these projects are even pitched. Do the higher-ups think they are coming up with a unique idea or do they knowingly try to come up with an idea that's exactly like the competitor?

It's better that I close my own tangent here since you wanted this to be a drop a link and a line kind of thread.

Re: The exact moment a game series died

Uummmm, seriously.....

Have you not seen the stuff they put in to Fortnite now, I don't even follow modern gaming news, and I've seen the horrible non gaming stuff they've shove in there.

Maybe your life is better in some ways that you look at life through a different filter.

And sperg all you like, I know you are a sentence typing super fan.

What kind of keyboard do you use btw? I ended up ordering a flat low profile laptop style keyboard for my PC, the chonky ass "gaming" one sounded like a stampede when typing, I had to put it away.

Re: The exact moment a game series died

mechaMenace
Ok :) let's tangent/

I use a Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 with a riser attachment. It's like you fatted out on a Thanksgiving dinner then splayed yourself on the sands of a beach with a nice cool breeze during the Summer--sleepy time comfort. Going back to normie keyboards is stressful like someone puts you in charge of running one of those old-fashioned electrical grid stations by dams or waterfalls after waking you from bed in the middle of the night even though you have no idea what anything does. Everybody is relying on you to push the right button. If you can imagine such things....

I didn't see anyone minding their Ps and Qs in this Saints Row trailer, so yeah, I don't see how there's an agenda being pushed. Is this the first trailer for the game? It could be that they wanted to send something out into the world that would be viewable to everyone without an age gate. I just re-watched (two naughty words). Maybe there will be a red band which has the Postal norms the series adopted over the years. I mean, it is a GTA-inspired clone after-all, right?

My approach to modern for the last several years has been osmosis. I might see an article or trailer about a game, but I don't seek out info. All I know about Fortnite is that it's a multi-player 3rd person shooty with goofy customization. I don't know if there's a story, which could be where our understanding differs. Maybe you know something I don't.

Re: The exact moment a game series died

Oh nice, I've wondered about those beastly keyboards, I went with this guy, it's great, would be better if about 1/3 of the right side was cut off though.

Re: The exact moment a game series died

mechaMenace

I mean, look at the cover. We have Batman ready to punch Superman. We have Superman flying toward Batman in order to give him a laser lobotomy.

Unfortunately, this game has no ballz. T rating wussifies the whole premise. Everybody knows this game is made by the MK people so it disappoints everyone. The gimmick is this is the dark and

comic hero fighting game. Just dumb. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Where's princess Diana giving people a Colombian necktie with her lasso? Where's Flash vibrating people's bodies to smithereens? Where's Mister Freeze piercing the gut of enemies with his freeze gun, freezing the stomach, then shattering it to pieces as goop flows out of the esophagus into the void where the gut once was?

Man, I'd write a way more fun Justice League movie than either cut. What a trainwreck of a movie! I hate that fans think the Synder cut somehow redeems that bowl of vomit. They are starved for content and when they see a Martian Manhunter out of nowhere, they don't think why. Also, there's the whole Lois Lane sad side-movie that sure brings the whole thing to a screeching halt. I hear the kid playing Flash is a really jackass. I hope his movie is more entertaining than what they had to show in this cut. Can we include movies in this thread? If the DCU wasn't killing itself already, this tie-in didn't cast the phoenix down Warner was expecting it to do.

Re: The exact moment a game series died

I played through Injustice for the first time last year, I wasn't feeling the gameplay, that was my biggest complaint, the characters just felt way too slow and heavy.

Story was okay, I mean at the end of the day who is a better than a heel Superman, but I'd also like to think a man with so much character wouldn't turn on his friends over his bitch dying. I stopped playing it right after I beat the story mode.

MK vs DC is a game I enjoyed and sunk way more time in to, but not having the MK guys kill people was kind of weird.

Re: The exact moment a game series died

Halo Infinite is less than 3 months away, I will be camping out for 24 hours in the cold, in front of a GameStop for the $300.00 Collector's Edition, I have never been excited for anything more in my entire life, if this game is bad, I am going to kill myself on a Facebook live stream, SCREEN SHOT THIS.

"Keep making games boys, I'm interested."

Re: The exact moment a game series died

mechaMenace
Death Adder wrote
 I am going to kill myself on a Facebook live stream, SCREEN SHOT THIS.
I think they f'ed up. There are three Waldos in that team photo (can you spot em?). Does anyone else think Daria would be the most interesting to talk with? Below Wednesdude(?) Addams, no glasses, on the far right. She has that kind of f everybody look.

When you have a garage sale, DA, I want to buy all your expensive junk for a dollar :)