The Legend Of Heat Wave: 06 21 2021 - 06 29 2021

The Legend Of Heat Wave: 06 21 2021 - 06 29 2021

AlexSwingle
I've been busy living under a rock thanks to this damn heat wave. In less than 12 hours, it is going to be around 110 degrees in Portland, Oregon. After that, they say it'll go back to normal conditions.

I have long-term memory and I'm aware that every 7-8 years, it gets to the high 90s and low 100s for nearly a month in Portland. Just like every 7-8 years it snows for a week and everyone loses their mind. How many conspiracy theories about global warming have you've heard this past week?

I made an attempt by telling a stranger at a grocery store that when I was in the third grade, it was 90 degrees and above for 50 days straight and no one I knew even batted an eye about climate change during that time. Even my dad told me we were dealing with Advanced Heat this week and he tries so hard to not drink the kool-aid.

I just can't understand.
The Weebs fleeced my vidja collection.

Re: The Legend Of Heat Wave: 06 21 2021 - 06 29 2021

Death Adder
Administrator
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: The Legend Of Heat Wave: 06 21 2021 - 06 29 2021

The world has been on  the brink of destruction because of climate change for decades.  It is just more political malarkey to scare retards into giving up more rights.  Shit is called weather.  It happens all the time.

Re: The Legend Of Heat Wave: 06 21 2021 - 06 29 2021

mechaMenace
JerryTerrifying wrote
The world has been on  the brink of destruction because of climate change for decades.  It is just more political malarkey to scare retards into giving up more rights.  Shit is called weather.  It happens all the time.
I'm not a climatologist, but I did study geology. Even without that knowledge, I believe the science is digestible.

In short, technology has improved, allowing new ways to measure and corroborate climate history with greater accuracy. Data from various sources shows that more CO2 is being put out than the natural recycling processes have handled over the last million years, accelerating year over year during the last 150 years or so.

We're in uncharted territory. The full extent of that much excess CO2 is unknown. More troubling is how will it get locked back up in rocks, ice, or vegetation. That last time it was this high, things like the planet's orbit were different - a cooler Sun. Humans add more each year. Pehistoric life wasn't digging up rocks and burning them.

Could human populations become more clustered as shorelines grow inland? What about increasing populations? Will that trend slow? Fresh water could become a luxury in the future, if there is less rainfall. Desalinization is a costly process, so I hope someone figures out an efficient way of doing that.

It's foolhardy to boast that nothing has happened or is happening, or that nothing should be done. You argued that you wouldn't vote for a president without children. How then could you argue with President Teddy Roosevelt about, "leaving this land even a better land for our descendants than it is for us," given the measured effects of climate change as a result of human processes? I'm with that little Swedish girl though I do like warm Winters.

Re: The Legend Of Heat Wave: 06 21 2021 - 06 29 2021

I bet you don't even stack rocks.

Re: The Legend Of Heat Wave: 06 21 2021 - 06 29 2021

AlexSwingle
I never took a course in debating, but I do know this: citing generalities never works against someone who believes they are right. The following are a list of rebuttals with sources to help prove the claim.

There have been many cooling and warming periods recorded over the last 300 years and most of those periods last anywhere from 10-20 years. Further more, there are many recorded moments in history showing hundreds of years of climate change before human pollution could of had an impact on climate. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_periods_and_events_in_climate_history#Holocene

Scientists have no clue if we are in one of those periods of climate change and  that alone should immediately discredit the last 60 years of the Global Cooling/Warming/Cooling/Warming/Change conspiracy.

2. https://skepticalscience.com/co2-higher-in-past-intermediate.htm - The article uses circular logic by explaining the time period has 5 times as much co2, BUT, a 4% deduction in solar activity counteracts how carbon dioxide works to retain heat. It's beyond silly.

Meanwhile, https://climatechangedispatch.com/physicist-co2-heat-retention/ Nasif shows through a magical formula called math and actually testing heat retention that co2 doesn't retain heat at all (0.0001 seconds) and the sun doesn't pierce deep enough to even touch the co2 before the co2 dissipates.

There are more examples, but I assume that should be enough solid evidence to disprove carbon dioxide has no impact. However, I do believe pollution is a real problem and should be addressed. My theory is people focus on carbon for the sole purpose of holding companies responsible for running clean operations. It's easier to tax everybody instead of taxing the people causing immediate harm to the environment.
The Weebs fleeced my vidja collection.