Sadie's Gaming Infection and No More Heroes

Sadie's Gaming Infection and No More Heroes

So today I saw that Limited Run Games is releasing collectors editions of No More Heroes 1 and 2.  Which took me on a huge nostalgia trip.  There was a female youtuber from like 2007 - 2010 that reached a fair amount of popularity.  One of the running jokes was he crush on Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes.  Here's a link to her No More Heroes video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0S42wCpVcU

This was from before monetization really ruining the community.  Her quitting in 2010 and not staying the course another two or three years lost her millions of dollars.  She could have rode that fame into multi millionaire status for sure.

Re: Sadie's Gaming Infection and No More Heroes

mechaMenace
I've seen worse do better. For sure, this girl could have been up there in the MJR minions. The only thing she needs to bring the channel back from the grave is thumbnails with her face surrounded by thick outlines and large text over a neon background with clip art from the games she's discussing. That's not a knock against her. I'm just stating what is the state of YT. Maybe she's started a new channel since then.

Re: Sadie's Gaming Infection and No More Heroes

Death Adder
Administrator
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Sadie's Gaming Infection and No More Heroes

Kazlab208
Oh man, haven't thought of Ultraneko in a while. Wasen't that blog post you wrote about her years ago your most viewed page on the site? Does that still see traffic today?

Re: Sadie's Gaming Infection and No More Heroes

Yeah it was the most viewed article for years.  I would have to check where it ranks.  So lets do that!  It's refreshing going back and watching her videos because they're slightly outside the mold of whats popular today.  That was such a more enjoyable moment in youtube history.

Well look at that it's the second highest viewed page on the site still.  Only behind the forums because I F5 it several times a day and the bot traffic.

And no mecha she ain't coming back.  No one really knows the reason she left.  Many theorize it was her boyfriend playing the games and giving her lines and that she was only playing a character.  Some believe she was genuine but was turned off by horny nerds commenting on her two HUGE talents.  She may have also just wanted to focus on her schooling and career and no be an e celeb.  No one knows and never will.
 You're judging the content as an emotionless robot compared to what's on youtube today.  Back in2007 this was one of the best produced and highest quality channels.  She left right at the beginning of the roll out of youtube partnership for everyone and just missed the monteization train.  If she had stuck it out another year or two she would probably be pulling big checks.

The videos are kind of in between a first impressions and a lets play.  It's pretty neat to see something that wasn't just someone following a trend to capitalize.  I think I will enjoy going back and watching the rest of these.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Sadie's Gaming Infection and No More Heroes

While watching some more of her videos someone in the comments left her Twitter name.  Looks like in 2018 she started working in the games industry to some extent.  Not sure for who or doing what.  Scanning through the account I have seen a few mentions of the old youtube channel.  A rumor from back in the day is that she quit her channel when she started doing voice work for machinima.  Perhaps she did start working in the industry.  Still think she missed out on millions of dollars as an e celeb.

Re: Sadie's Gaming Infection and No More Heroes

Mitch
For me; it was rinrygamegame. Some (maybe autistic???) grill who did videos on retro-games back when that wasn't done to death. I recall a video talking about a multi-cart she owned that was connected to a famicom converter back when I gave a shit about collecting NES stuff. Oh; it was only 11 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDw8xKDWKBg
*sharts*

Re: Sadie's Gaming Infection and No More Heroes

Kazlab208
Oh man, welcome back to the fourms Mitch. Last time you were on here was back in 2013. How have you been? Been playing any games recently?

I'm still here and with all my limbs attatched so that's something. Recently I've been replaying Transfomers Devastation, before that it was mostly random titles from the 6th gen over the last 2 years and the same shit I go back to.
*sharts*

Re: Sadie's Gaming Infection and No More Heroes

mechaMenace
So apparently this is a thing:

I thought it would be clever snark (snark snark) to reply to DA's post about MJR's minions with some picture relating to anime eyes. Searching anime eyes meme gives creepy results. I'm sure that can be said about any unfiltered search, if you scroll far enough.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Sadie's Gaming Infection and No More Heroes

Ah shit I remember rinrigamegame.  Another classic from before the destruction of youtube.

Re: Sadie's Gaming Infection and No More Heroes

mechaMenace
BTW, not to throw a sausage in this tea party because I want to take away from the women, but Sinistermoon is still around and still uploading old school reviews and messing around vids.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Sadie's Gaming Infection and No More Heroes

Mitch
seconds before being assaulted by nemesis on the mean streets of racoon city
*sharts*