EverDrives and Dreamcast

Death Adder
Administrator
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: EverDrives and Dreamcast

Kazlab208
In my experience, Dreamcast games are 1 GB each. I usually stick with the GDI files instead of the ISOs since those are the ones that are fully uncompressed. The GDEMU costs about $150 and is only avaliable for a certain period of time before being sold out so it might not be the best option.

There is a new Opitcal Disc Emulator called a MODE that is more commonly stocked  that can work for both the Dreamcast and Saturn. However, that one costs about $250. I bought one for myself so I'll probably send in an audio comment to let you know how it goes for me once it arrives.

Just out of curiousity, which Everdrive 64 did you get? Did get the very basic one or the one with the built in clock for Animal Crossing? You gotta let me know how you like it on a future DASS since I'm probably gonna get one in the future once all this COVID nonsense is over.

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED

Kazlab208
yeah, you need all those files. Also $100 is not bad for a GDEMU. However that's a Chinese replication so I don't know if the quality will be as good as the original but it would not hurt to try it out if it has all those positive reviews on Amazon. It's also incredibly easy to install. Literally just plug and play with no solidering at all.

CONTENTS DELETED

I plan on picking up a pair of MODEs for a Saturn and Dreamcast.  My suggestion to you DeathAdder for any full romsets is to contact DuhMez.  You can tweet at him very easily and he's my go to for any high quality ROM needs.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: EverDrives and Dreamcast

So I am having Duhmez ship me a hard drive with full rom sets of the highest quality.  My next project is to buy a Synology NAS (network attached storage) basically a home server.  I am pretty sure I'll be able to set up folders that I could just give you access to.  So that way among us REALLY COOL GUYS we can just share some files and what not.  I at least want a large redundant archive for all my bullshit and if I can help out some bros that's a bonus.

One of these bad boys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpxBmxj5mP0&ab_channel=LinusTechTips

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: EverDrives and Dreamcast

Kazlab208
Here's a link to Duhmez's Twitter.

https://twitter.com/duhmez

You can get a hold of him easily through that.

I would personally recommend wowroms. Just turn on adblock, google it, and download away. That is where I got all my GB, GBC, GBA, and N64 ROMS from there and they all work no problem.

Re: EverDrives and Dreamcast

Yeah the main thing is I want to archive MCC and MCTV and all the works in progress I have.  One of these days I may actually try to edit some video at work.  I have the capability.  But I just haven't had a bug up my ass to do it.

Another motivator for the NAS is then I can work between my laptop and PC more seamlessly and keep everything archived redundantly.  Which is silly to have such an overkill option for such a rinky dink show that 10 people still care about.  Definitely a sign of autism.  But again I can also just hoard roms and movies and shit for myself also.  I need them terabytes of storage man.

Some news Balzak espicially may be excited about is I have invited myself onto a podcast to talk about Ninja Golf.  I'm actually going to try to review the season 0 episode of MCTV to more accurately talk about my glory days as the high score world champion of Ninja Golf.

Re: EverDrives and Dreamcast

Kazlab208
Got a link to the podcast? Need something to listen to since I'm running out of podcasts that I normally keep up with.

Re: EverDrives and Dreamcast

Look up retro blissed wherever you download them from.  They upload sporadically now that one of the hosts has a kid.  But it's pretty easy going.

http://bicbp-radio.com/retro-blissed

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: EverDrives and Dreamcast

Wing Commander III would be my first suggestion.  The FMV cutscenes are awesome.  Mark Hamil, Malcolm McDowel, John Rhys-Davies, Biff from Back to the Future, Ginger Lyn Allen trying to transition into actual acting and Tim Curry as a spacer tiger man.  Top notch.  It's also the only one I have played all the way through.  I do have WCIV on a shelf waiting to be played.

WC1 is pretty good but would suggest the 3DO version Super Wing Commander if you can emulate it.  It's the most enhanced version of the first game.  The Sega CD version is solid, the SNES version is bare bones and I have never actually played the PC version so have no opinion.

Re: EverDrives and Dreamcast

Mitch
Funny story; I ordered a GDemu clone from eBay that seemed like a lemon at first. No matter what I tried the damn thing wouldn't work; long story short I ended up getting half my money back and it just worked. £15 for every worthwhile DC game is a win in my book.

I've managed to get by with a 32gb micro SD which holds almost as many games (gdrom being 1gb and all that) and being able to run NTSC games at their proper resolution and speed (even with the no name scart cable I'm using) makes the games look pretty damn good on a modern television.

Recently I got a micro SD reader for my GameCube that was dirt cheap (£2.50) and using a copy of melee as an exploit launcher for Swiss. I don't know about any of you guys but fuck paying for GameCube games nowadays.
*sharts*

Re: EverDrives and Dreamcast

Kazlab208
Got any component cables with that Gamecube? I have a soft modded Wii that I use to play Gamecube games but really want to get an actual Gamecube for the athetic and the Gameboy Player. What is the deal breaker for me are component cables and sadly there are no 3rd party ones out there. Hopefully somebody gets on that so I can get my progresive scan on an actual Gamecube.

Re: EverDrives and Dreamcast

Mitch
From what I've seen the official component cables aren't worth the price they command now and some of the 3rd party cables can be dicey in terms of quality. People swear by the GCHD and Carby but you can get a no name Chinese KO called the GC plug for about a third if the price and it JUST WERKS. The PS2 and Xbox were much simpler to get HD resolutions out of, even with the cheap crap I use but the cube as always is an awkward little fuck.
*sharts*