9th Generation Hype (2020- )

12

9th Generation Hype (2020- )

The XBOX Series S was announced for $299.99 today, it's got less Flops and no disc drive, but it will still probably still appeal to normies that just want to play Fortnite. I am assuming the Series X will be $499.00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHLfCFMKxPg

Modern games are half assed and riddled with DLC purchases. I've been "acquiring" more and more sweet 80's -00's games by the truck load, Steam has a lot to offer, even if you don't really own the games..................the thought of getting a PC for the 9th gen wouldn't be the worst thing ever........just a thought.

Re: 9th Generation Hype (2020- )

Kazlab208
I feel the same way about the upcoming next generation in gaming. Then again, I felt the same way when the 8th generation was announced back in 2013 and waited 3 years until I got the better version of the console I wanted which was the PS4 Pro and absolutely did not regret it.

I'm sure these consoles will have good games but looking at the potencial price tags of $500 for a system I am barely going to use is an absoloute deal breaker for me. I'm just hoping with all this talk about DRM, Digital Only, and Microtransactions for these consoles will make Jerry rise from his grave to make one long epic MCC rant about them.

Re: 9th Generation Hype (2020- )

it's 9/9/20 the Dreamcast is now old enough to party Balzak, you should do a drunk Shenmue playthrough with some saké in honor of it's 21st birthday.

Re: 9th Generation Hype (2020- )

Kazlab208
Hellz yeah. Would have played with my Dreamcast but I'm kind of too occupied playing with my new Sega Saturn. Once that dies down is when I'll give the Dreamcast some love again. Been meaning to try and finish Skies of Arcadia since I started it 2 years ago.

Also, it's offical Deathadder

https://mobile.twitter.com/Xbox/status/1303680112156524544

$499 on Nov 10th for the actual non-gimped unit. Thoughts? My inital personal opinion, F$&@ THAT!

Re: 9th Generation Hype (2020- )

I don't know, I've been hearing that both a lot of normies and a lot of people with advanced autism have been saying the Series S is a hell of a bargain for it's specs and price point, like it is basically as good at the Series X almost. So maybe it's not so bad?

I've got a bunch of psychical XB1 games that I wouldn't be able to play backwards compatibility style though with the S.

I'm curious to see what Sony pulls out of their ass now, I think they'd be smart to do a $400 model with the disc drive and $300 model with no disc drive versions at this point.

Re: 9th Generation Hype (2020- )

Look how far we have fallen lads.  People should not be giving an inch on physical media.  I have never been less excited about games in my life.  Not sure if its just the state of the rest of the world, being old, having kids or working a billion hours a week that has me not caring about modern games.  I do think moving forward for modern games PC master race may be the way to go.

I do still get excited about older games but I am in that peak nostalgia age range.  I am 100% pumped about Gameboy and the MODE's I bought for Saturn and Dreamcast.  So I don't know fellas.  What even is a new game that's worth playing?  What's a cool feature on these new systems that makes them worth owning?

I think the best bet as always is wait till after the middle of the generation when games are out and hardware is cheaper.  I'm just now barely starting to give a shit about the ps4.

Re: 9th Generation Hype (2020- )

Kazlab208
Oh shit you got 2 MODES for your Saturn and Dreamcast? Can't wait to hear how you like em and the Shenmue 3 Collector's Edition.

I just got one for my Saturn and am loving it. Been diggin deep into Shining Force 3 and am excited about it because I'm able to play all 3 senarios with no problems. Also wanna give the Saturn Policenauts fan translation a try since I only played the Playstation version years ago.

Re: 9th Generation Hype (2020- )

I was drawing up plans for a mobile review station.  I bring my laptop to work every night so editing can happen here.  But what would really be rad is if I could play/record games here.  So I was looking at this case from harbor freight:

https://www.harborfreight.com/5800-weatherproof-protective-rolling-carry-on-case-x-large-64819.html

If it were just a little bit bigger I could build a bad ass mobile review station.  Have a shelf to sit a console on, build in a little screen something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WKG9J35/?coliid=IW7ULB9A0OSYA&colid=V6DI3NXV8S71&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

This is a security monitor so it has a wide array of inputs.  Then I can rig up a VESA mount so I can just whip out the screen and play some games.  Then I can mount a capture card and power strip inside of that bad boy.  So I would just need to plug in one power cord and hook up the cap card to my laptop and get some real work done while I'm trapped at work.

Re: 9th Generation Hype (2020- )

Kazlab208
You also got lucky Jerry with the Shenmue Limited Edition. They just sold out today so that is it on those forever.

Re: 9th Generation Hype (2020- )

I appreciate you keeping me in the loop for real dude.  Glad I have that on the way.

Re: 9th Generation Hype (2020- )

I did enjoy the 8th gen, just nothing mind blowing , I do think at least 50% of it for me is:

-getting older

-phoned in AAA titles

-every game having DLC (and no GOTY DLC on the disc like the 7th gen)

-the politics (look at Mortal Kombat 9's character designs compared to Mortal Kombat 11's) or shit shows like The Last of Us 2

Dead By Daylight was my favorite game from the 8th gen but it's purely a multiplayer game of hide and seek with murder and a ton of people who play think it sucks peckers, so it's hard to recommend

Dark Souls 2 & 3 were a fun new experience for me, harder than a lot of current games and a cool universe

Rocket League, arcade style game of soccer with cars, you'd probably like it after you get use to the controls after 30 minutes or so

Minecraft, everyone has played Minecraft, fun for a couple of dozen hours at least

Killer Instinct (2013) was my favorite fighting game this gen, I was useless against real people but the single player mode on EZ was based

Mortal Kombat X........I like Mortal Kombat

The Master Chief Collection, I believe you get SIX Halo games, one hell of a bargain if you want to play a FPSer

Not from the 8th gen but played for the first time on my XBOX One was Bully, a 5 out of 5 charming game, and Castlevania SOTN 100 out of 5 games, surpassed the hype for me, SOTN was my favorite game I played in 2019

Re: 9th Generation Hype (2020- )

I'm not sure why I typed 50%, I'm pretty sure those reasons make up 100% lol, anyways I'm done complaining, may we all enjoy some vidja in the near future bros!

Re: 9th Generation Hype (2020- )

I might have to give SOTN another shot.  I played a bit got stuck and never came back to it.  Maybe when I get my MODE I'll try out the saturn version.

Re: 9th Generation Hype (2020- )

Kazlab208
It's offical, $499.99 for the PS5 with the disc drive and $399.99 without it on November 12th.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1306333644437352449

I still don't think it is worth it even with full backwards compatiability with the PS4. They also showcased a teaser for FF XVI but who knows when that will come out. Maybe in 5 years along with Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 2.

Re: 9th Generation Hype (2020- )

I hope people are smart enough to not buy the discless versions so they flop.

Re: 9th Generation Hype (2020- )

I feel like the disc-less ones will sell pretty well this holiday season, but anyone waiting a year or more to pic one up will go with the actual PS5, then again people are getting more and more conditioned to be okay with not owning things.

The Demon Soul's remaster looked beautiful, unlike the Dark Souls remaster a couple of years ago. I want to say it's a PS5 exclusive, it would be a definite pick up for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTcrD5fjKTE

Re: 9th Generation Hype (2020- )

Kazlab208
This post was updated on .
The Demon Soul's remaster is not only a Sony console exclusive but an exclusive in general to the PS5.

https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2020/09/16/demons-souls-remake-ps5-exclusive-playatstion-5-pc/

So no PC release.

Also get used to the new $69.99 price tag for games

Re: 9th Generation Hype (2020- )

$70 yikes, I forgot all about that price tag, even worse for the all digital tards who have to wait for some random sale to get a good deal.

Look guys, 2-3 years from now we'll all have a next gen console and be playing some SWEET game that we got used for $20........we are all going to make it bros.............right............

Re: 9th Generation Hype (2020- )

I'm sure even the exclusives will come to Steam in a year for a fraction of the price.  Console dummies are going digital for full price.  The only advantage consoles had was being able to buy games at yardsales.  Honestly guys I'm more excited about this MSX game from 30 years ago where you play a running penguin.  If I can't get arctic waterfowl simulators on the PS5 is it really even worth my time?

Re: 9th Generation Hype (2020- )

https://youtu.be/VV6_T8A51Lw?t=62  @ 1:02

Say what you will about the Series X, dat presentation though.

Still not getting a now current-gen console for awhile though. I started playing Conker's Bad Fur Day, my first legit run at the game, and it's charming af.
You never go ass to mouth.
12