Zelda II

Every modern game I look at right now makes bile rise up in my throat. I think I am going to attempt my bucket list beating of Zelda II, I get this urge every 2 or 3 years and then flake out. I am beating that fucking shit over the next 7 days...........maybe.

Anyone got through Zelda II before, I think Jerry mentioned he did on a MCC once.

Re: Zelda II

Kazlab208
Did you ever finish your playthrough you were attempting with Ocarina of Time on your N64 Everdrive? Even though I love Ocarina of Time, I can't seem to motivate myself to fully beat the game. Went through 4 different playthroughs over the years and the furthest I was able to make it was the Water Temple as adult Link.

Re: Zelda II

AlexSwingle
I'm not sure if you're autistic enough to handle it. I heard from a reliable source that Zelda 2 is an extreme challenge. Also, Carl1001 is a bitch because he is afraid to use his shield spell. So sayeth BurgerRider, so it be true.

I want to believe in you, DeathAdder-san. Make your disciples proud

loooooool
The Weebs fleeced my vidja collection.

Re: Zelda II

@Swingle, damn it's really that bad? Burger Rider probably beat the game blind folded while doing 2 chicks at the same time.

@Balzak, nah I stilled haven't beaten OoT since 1999, I made it to the Forrest Temple last year, got ass raped by some skeletons and put the game down. At least I got past Jabbu Jabbu's belly, that is the most annoying level if I remember. I was enjoying the game more than I thought though, the mellow soundtrack and lack of enemies makes it a very comfy game.

Re: Zelda II

AlexSwingle
Burger Rider never beat the game. He has gotten to the phoenix boss 3-4 times and watched the ending.
The Weebs fleeced my vidja collection.

Re: Zelda II

Didn't Arino beat it on Game Center CX?  I don't think the game is as hard as people make it out to be at all.  I did use a little bit of help and wish I could find the link.  All it does is tell you the next temple to go to.  Basically just a short bullet point list.  The gameplay and temples themselves though are like 4/10 hards.  Once you master the few sword moves most enemies are easy, if you get stuck try all your different spells, if you're having trouble with a boss try all your different spells.  I believe theres one error in translation that does make the game difficult it tells you to go East to get to a castle but it's actually West or vice versa.  I believe in you Death Adder.  You can beat this game no problem.

Re: Zelda II

@Swingle does Burger Rider know theres a spell you need to use on that boss to damage him?  I'm pretty sure you have to cast the thunder spell then he can take damage.

Re: Zelda II

AlexSwingle
He mentioned it in his second playthrough, but that tism be crippling, yo.

That was the reason I used the joke about being autistic enough. A lot of the difficulty is memorizing patterns, like most games from the NES era. There be a fine line of autism where change is so frustrating that they quit in a rage versus studying the pattern in a frame-by-frame way. I feel the bulk of complaints stem from the rage portion of the community.

The game was made by the same dudes who did Battle For Olympus and I don't hear the tale of strife that game has. At least that is the fan theory I'll stick with.
The Weebs fleeced my vidja collection.

Re: Zelda II

My NES Classic was doing this weird exiting out of games and then freezing, I THINK it fixed it though and I'll start up Zelda II in a few days.....maybe.

I did end up beating Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa last night.....that game with the baby lmao, it was pretty fun.
You never go ass to mouth.