Why buy a PS4 when it don't play games in 7 years?

Why buy a PS4 when it don't play games in 7 years?

mechaMenace
I read this and was semi-shocked.
https://www.videogamesage.com/topic/7187-ps4-planned-obsolescence/

Pirate what you can. Pay for what you want.

Re: Why buy a PS4 when it don't play games in 7 years?

Death Adder
Administrator
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Why buy a PS4 when it don't play games in 7 years?

Every new generation I am less and less interested in video games.  PC master race seems to be the only way.  Next video game crash when?

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Why buy a PS4 when it don't play games in 7 years?

Mitch
Can't wait for someone to create a workaround out of sheer spite. Alternatively just replace the battery if it's not a complete pain in the dick (it probably would be). And hey in 7 years maybe I'll find one that can be hacked in the radioactive wastes of Scotland (after Highland War 2) and just sidestep that bullshit
*sharts*

Re: Why buy a PS4 when it don't play games in 7 years?

Kazlab208
You know me too well Deathadder. Yes, I have a copy of Shenmue 3 coming in June for PS4 that has all the DLC and patches on the disc and another copy from GOG that is completly DRM free that I can install anywhere and play offline.

I sure hope a workaround will exisit in the future since the rest of my PS4 games don't have those options Shenmue 3 has.

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED