Why buy a PS4 when it don't play games in 7 years?

Why buy a PS4 when it don't play games in 7 years?

mechaMenace
I read this and was semi-shocked.
https://www.videogamesage.com/topic/7187-ps4-planned-obsolescence/

Pirate what you can. Pay for what you want.

Re: Why buy a PS4 when it don't play games in 7 years?

Every single person who purchased a PS4, XBOX One, PS5, and/or XBOX Series X are mentally retarded people. This is common knowledge.

Re: Why buy a PS4 when it don't play games in 7 years?

Every new generation I am less and less interested in video games.  PC master race seems to be the only way.  Next video game crash when?

Re: Why buy a PS4 when it don't play games in 7 years?

I thought there would be a video game crash around this time.

But when I thought about it more, like yeah every new game sucks now, but more and more normies are "gamers" and don't know any better. A new born baby buying Fortnite skins will keep the industry alive.

That really sucks about the PS4 battery/clock thingy though. I haven't heard anything like that with the xbox one, but I know if you aren't connected to the internet then the dashboard basically dissapears and you don't get any achievement points popping up. Which I know achievement points don't matter to Mecha Menace, but to a rube like myself, they mildly matter.

Good thing Balzak got some PC copies of Shenmue for his saves.

I found this really awesome pre-built gaming PC for $600, but once the new consoles game out, it got marked up on Amazon to around $1300.

Re: Why buy a PS4 when it don't play games in 7 years?

Mitch
Can't wait for someone to create a workaround out of sheer spite. Alternatively just replace the battery if it's not a complete pain in the dick (it probably would be). And hey in 7 years maybe I'll find one that can be hacked in the radioactive wastes of Scotland (after Highland War 2) and just sidestep that bullshit
*sharts*

Re: Why buy a PS4 when it don't play games in 7 years?

Kazlab208
You know me too well Deathadder. Yes, I have a copy of Shenmue 3 coming in June for PS4 that has all the DLC and patches on the disc and another copy from GOG that is completly DRM free that I can install anywhere and play offline.

I sure hope a workaround will exisit in the future since the rest of my PS4 games don't have those options Shenmue 3 has.

Re: Why buy a PS4 when it don't play games in 7 years?

Re: Why buy a PS4 when it don't play games in 7 years?

Re: Why buy a PS4 when it don't play games in 7 years?

I didn't look in to it too much, but Adam Koralik has very focused autism and I trust him, something about XBOX also having a ticking time bomb in it like the PlayStation.........no surprise there.
You never go ass to mouth.