Upgrading to the 8th Gneration with a Console or PC?

Upgrading to the 8th Gneration with a Console or PC?

Kazlab208
I have been thinking about how I will upgrade to the current generation. I am narrowing it down to either a PS4 or a gaming PC. Keep in mind that I will not make this decision for a while or at the very latest, when Shenmue 3 comes out.

I am thinking mostly about the pros for both. The pros for PC gaming to me is that a lot of games that I missed out on last gen are getting ported to the PC. Also a bunch of niche Japanese games are also getting put up on Steam now. Pros for PS4 is that playing online is a lot more fair and reliable. Another pro for PS4 is the ease of a console interface with not having to worry about tampering with settings ever.

I don't know but I will hopefully make my decision soon. Jerry, you got both a PC and a PS4 recently. Which one do you use more for gaming?

Re: Upgrading to the 8th Gneration with a Console or PC?

The only game I've played on either is MGSVTPP on Ps4 and Typing of the Dead Overkill on the PC.  That's about it.  I'd recommend Desert Strike on the Genesis and Devilish on the Game Gear though.  But honestly I would go with PS4 then maybe a gaming PC if you eventually have the cash for it.  A decent PC is a big money sink and how much are you going to enjoy whats on steam or emulated?  That may be the best route for you.

Re: Upgrading to the 8th Gneration with a Console or PC?

Kazlab208
I was thinking the same thing as well. Mostly since I like the console experience and truth be told, I don't really use my PC for much except for browsing the internet. But maybe my mind will change if I can find a good gaming PC for under $600 in the future. I still have time to make the big decision so I don't have to rush.

Re: Upgrading to the 8th Gneration with a Console or PC?

As much as I want to be a PC gamer I just never find myself playing a lot of PC games.  I guess somewhat recently I have put some time into Diablo II.  And I've got a few games on Steam I want to get around to playing.  But I feel the PS4 is going to be where I put most of my time into modern games.  Honestly I've been diving deeper and deeper into older games.

Re: Upgrading to the 8th Gneration with a Console or PC?

Kazlab208

Well I guess I'll finally be in the current generation in November.

Re: Upgrading to the 8th Gneration with a Console or PC?

Death Adder
Administrator
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Upgrading to the 8th Gneration with a Console or PC?

Kazlab208
Yeah, I'm glad too that now I finally have my Shenmue 3 machine. Also like how you gave me the Kamen Rider mask with the tattoo on my back. Also was pleased with my sweet jump kick I did.

Re: Upgrading to the 8th Gneration with a Console or PC?

Congratulations man.  Let me know if you're happy with the system.