Upgrading from Tube to Flat Screen

Balzak802
Just got my hands on a free flat screen TV. First flat screen I have ever owned in my whole life. It is barely 15 inches, outputs only in 4:3, and was manufactured in April 2006.

However, it has everything up to component so my DVDs and Hulu look so much clearer than when I was watching them off my old tube TV. This is important since my old tube TV only had composite.

So I am wondering, when have you guys upgraded from a tube TV to a flat screen?

Re: Upgrading from Tube to Flat Screen

I have 3 different TVs in this room.  40 inch LCD HDTV from 2007 I believe.  A flat screen ( not panel ) EDTV with my main modded Original Xbox and an old CRT for light gun games.  I recommend keeping CRTs around.  A lot of things look way better on them.  I've hoarded as many of them as I could for free or dirt cheap for the future.

Some 16 bit games are unplayable on an HDTV.  Wing Commander on Sega CD has a bunch of menus and text you need to navigate and it's unreadable unless played on a CRT.
And by awesome I mean totally sweet.