Space Harrier and After Burner. A brief consideration.

Space Harrier and After Burner. A brief consideration.

You know, one time I actually thought about the games Space Harrier and After Burner.  After all these are very popular games made by one of my favorite developers, easily in my top 5, and I've never really cared for them that much.  Now granted I think the only time I've played either was on the Master System so you have to keep in mind I've only experienced the most doo doo versions.  However I was thinking about these two games one day and I realized they're basically rail shooters.

Now if you know 'ol Jerry Terrifying you know that I absolutely adore rail shooters. Omega Boost and the Panzer Dragoon series rate very highly in my list of all time absolute favorite games ever.  I wonder why Space Harrier and After Burner have never really clicked for me before?  I have the 32X versions of both of these games lying around.  I think I'll fire them up and actually put some time into trying to beat them or at least put in enough time to really judge these games.
And by awesome I mean totally sweet.