Shutting down of the Classic Game Room Empire

Shutting down of the Classic Game Room Empire

Kazlab208
http://classicgameroom.com/forums/topic/cgr-announcement-site-show-changes/

In case you cannot open the link or the title is a bit confusing, Classic Game Room is shutting down. Well, not shutting down entirely but not going to be Mark's full time job anymore. The forum post mostly describes how the store, CGR Undertow, and most of the website will be shutting down by new year and also talks about how Mark will just release reviews whenever he wants as a hobby.

It just seems weird that there are a lot of people like The Gaming Historian or DSP who decided to treat this hobby as their full time jobs whereas Mark has been doing CGR since 2008 and is now leaving to pursue something else.

Even though I have not watched Classic Game Room religiously since late 2010, it seems weird that Mark is just moving on. Well, I would imagine just playing video games all the time can get tiring, even though that would be a dream job to some of us.

Re: Shutting down of the Classic Game Room Empire

God damn that's nuts.  I'm glad he's moving on and not going to crowd funding for a quick buck before imploding.  I imagine a lot of it has to do with youtubes being so difficult to work with.

Re: Shutting down of the Classic Game Room Empire

Kazlab208
Yeah, that could be the reason. One that I think he is quitting is that he might just be tired of having to think about video games all the time. I mean I enjoy a good video game but if I was forced to play something, then I can imagine it getting pretty taxing after a while.

Also, glad to see he also did not take the patreon way. However does he really need to resort to that if his family is pretty well off? I don’t know but I am glad he did not resort to that.

Re: Shutting down of the Classic Game Room Empire

Well his family might be well off but that doesn't mean he's a leach or that they're filthy fucking rich.  Msot well off people got there by earning their way.  :D

Re: Shutting down of the Classic Game Room Empire

Death Adder
Administrator
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Shutting down of the Classic Game Room Empire

Kazlab208
Oh, damn, the Deathadder Cast. I will definitely give that a listen. Especially since I've lost my supply of podcasts for a while now. You have to first find a secret enemy podcast first to light a fire in your belly first. I might recommend cough Mondo Cool Cast cough, I mean All Gen Gamers. Yeah that is who I meant.

Also speaking of CGR, yeah it sucks that putting out quality reviews that take editing was never viewed as much as some guy's horror game let's play pretending to be scared with a webcam but what are you going to do. At least he is moving on to something else instead of resorting to Patreon.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Shutting down of the Classic Game Room Empire

I use archive.org to host the podcast.  Unlimited free storage.  Set up a blogger.com blog, which should be easy since you have a google acct, and use that to set up an RSS feed that you can then submit to itunes. It's been like a million years since I set it all up and I'm sure a lot of shit has changed.  So it may take some googling to get it all set up but its worth it.

Get a mic that sounds decent.  Audio quality matters when that's 100% of the show.  I use a blue snowball that TheDevilBurning gave to me. Listening to it now you may want to get a pop filter for the mic you're using and it would sound great.

As for the show speak from the heart.  When making show notes just toss in some bullet points and let it flow from the heart.

You'll have to appear on MCC as a guest at some point brother.  I've been super busy working on MCTV. Getting close to the launch date.  Since you've requested more spooky shit like the frankenstein tower segment I'd like to share this SNEAK PEAK EXCLUSIVE with you.

https://youtu.be/6-wHqgXaOx0