Red Letter Media

I'd seen their Star Wars prequel videos from years ago, but just this year my RLM viewership has really amped up, just about everything I click on it pure gold.

Any ultra gems you could recommend Jerry?

Also just maybe a week ago I found out this meme pic is actually Rich from RLM, the man is a national treasure and needs to be protected at all costs.

Re: Red Letter Media

Kazlab208
You should definetly check out their Man of Steel review they did back in 2013. I always though it was easily one of their best reviews even though I liked Man of Steel.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l4u-HLm8maE

Re: Red Letter Media

AlexSwingle
Their Sonic 1 review was the video that inspired me to stop watching them. They spent so much time dwelling on how noobs are punished by the screen response time, they purposefully left out how you can complete most levels without stopping. It made it difficult to treat their reviews with respect. What made it worse was how inaccurate they were when I knew the product they were critiquing. I mean, I get the notion that people can see different things, but being factually wrong with reviews is terrible.

They are mostly right about their Star Wars and Star Trek reviews. Those are really the highlights to me.
The Weebs fleeced my vidja collection.

Re: Red Letter Media

I haven't been disappointed by any of their content so far, I didn't know they talked about vidja.

I did see their Man of Steel review and I agree it was hilarious, the part where they talk about Superman throwing a bus full of school children at Zod lmaooo

Re: Red Letter Media

I've never watched any of their video game content.  But with movies their recommendations are almost always spot on.  I seem to have the exact same taste in horror movies as Jay and have the same love of Star Trek as Mike and Rich.  Of their series I appreciate Best of the Worst and Re View the most.  I love terrible movies and there are a lot of gems in there.   That's how I heard about Tammy and the T Rex which is a must view film.  Another classic I learned about from BotW is The Pit.  It's a canadian film about a pervert 10 year old that throws an old lady in a wheel chair down a hole to feed some gremlin troglodytes.

Re: Red Letter Media

I ended up watching Bram Stoker's Dracula for the first time ever on HBO Max since Mike and Jay were sperging out so hard about it, I did enjoy some of the artsy shit in it, and Gary Oldman is a GOAT of an actor and Keanu Reeves might be the greatest human of all time........but I didn't get too in to it, a 3 out of 5 probably.

The only other time I remember them being wrong recently was when they said Kong vs Godzilla was a fun movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mESbAwiCaTw

Re: Red Letter Media

mechaMenace
Are you sure that isn't one of Dana Carvey's getups from "Master of Disguise?"

Re: Red Letter Media

Having never seen Master of Disguise, I can 100% picture that being a movie you love.

The costumes in Dracula were all cool, but that hairstyle is pretty intense. The make up was good enough for me to not know that was Gary Oldman as Dracula all of these years. Then again I last thought about this movie almost 3 decades ago, I think it was on in the background of old school HBO, before all of this app shit.

Re: Red Letter Media

Kazlab208
Never watched Master of Disguise Deathadder? That and The Love Guru are the double features that ruined the carrers of Wayne and Garth.

Re: Red Letter Media

mechaMenace
I've never seen Dana Carvey's MOD, but the trailer's been stuck in my head since the movie was contemporary.

I remember people starting to become woke when Love Guru hit theatres. Can't we just enjoy caricatures without taking offense? I've heard comedians are avoiding colleges now.

Re: Red Letter Media

I do remember the "turtle turtle" thing from the Master of Disguise trailer.

One of my irl friends moved to L.A. to become a stand up comedian a few years ago, I thought about asking him what it's like doing stand up in Cali in these modern times, but last time we spoke he said some pretty woke stuff and I think he's probably an unfunny idiot now. I would avoid the profession altogether at this point.

Re: Red Letter Media

I enjoyed Dracula quite a bit.  It's no masterpiece but it is entertaining.  I never saw it back in the day only bits and pieces here and  there when it used to play on Sci Fi channel.
And by awesome I mean totally sweet.