Quirky (with a grin) Japanese game you never heard of

Quirky (with a grin) Japanese game you never heard of

mechaMenace

I saw this on ebay while looking at another Japanese thing. Look at that cover! It's pretty exciting. It's not lying either. They got some talent straight outta college to model cityscapes in the most accurate way the PS2's little 300 mHz could handle and stranded Goro Mihashi in the middle of it to find a hole by hitting a ball far and super bouncy wide across the streets, parks, garages, and shops. While not mini-golf, the quirkiness of the concept makes it seem that way and a golf game I would enjoy since it's not traditional golf, cause f that game.

Europe got it (minus the extreme cover). We didn't. I haven't dipped in, but I'm considering boring myself with the idea. It looks like it would be fun to play two players ('ha ha, you hit the traffic light and bounced your ball behind where you started'). The European release is completely in English. The Japan version isn't completely in English. I'd consider buying the one with the kickass cover if I could find it for around $10 shipped before some million scrub YT'er covers it.

Re: Quirky (with a grin) Japanese game you never heard of

Death Adder
Administrator
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Quirky (with a grin) Japanese game you never heard of

mechaMenace
I think it's one of those games that's more fun with friends like those lame wrestling games you want me to play ;)

The cover really oversells how basic the game is. Like I said, they modelled Japanese streetscapes, slapped a golfer in the middle, and called it a day. If Sega were involved, you could bet there would me more antics (maybe even a random hedgehog). I'm not sure if there's any humor in it other than what you put into it.

It's barebones. If I see it for under $10 shipped, I'd pick it up and experiment with it. I love minigolf. This isn't mini, but it's not entirely golf either (a plus for me).

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Quirky (with a grin) Japanese game you never heard of

That's the best argument I've ever heard for them.  Unfortunately I may have had a bad acid trip involving these games that will forever ruin them for me.
And by awesome I mean totally sweet.