Plastic square acquired

mechaMenace
https://i.imgur.com/9uJPQk5.jpg

I'll be Daddy Mulking up all the fun out of this one :) It's way better than the arcade, if I remember.

This is one of those games I remember playing in Funco bitd and being upset that I couldn't get it since I didn't have the system. There's now less than 15 on my want list for SNES.

I know you acquired all your squares before the first big boom, JT, but are there any that you are still trying to find? Sure, there are ones you stumble across and decide to keep, but are there any you still know you want?

Also, I keep calling out you, JT, since I only know of two others who look at this forum and I believe both aren't in pursuit of plastic squares. Pipe in and correct me if I'm wrong DA and Ballz.

Re: Plastic square acquired

Death Adder
Administrator
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Plastic square acquired

I'm sure there are SNES games I want but would be hard pressed to name them off the top of my head.  I'm very scatter brained since my son was born and I haven't had more than two nights of consistent sleep in a row for a year.  I have various lists of games I want on my shelf scattered around here and there.  If I find one I'll go through it to see what is on it.

Re: Plastic square acquired

mechaMenace
This year has been hardcore. Add a baby to the mix while there's another kid, and I can understand that being deserving of time. Every time I come up against a herculean task, I just push through because what else are we supposed to do?

Anyways, I was just curious about your want list since I know you acquired a lot of your squares pre-retro craze and have a lot of squares on display in your vids. Most of the SNES games I want are $100+, but just like this one, I expect to acquire them in a lot and sell the rest to get it for "free."

In response to DA, a shelf tour has been on the docket since I started my channel, but I never got the time to film it. The kernel of the idea kept growing and the library kept changing form at the same time.

Currently, my plan is to resolve a bunch of business (uhh, why are you posting on a forum then? Because it takes less time then editing videos) and resume making videos. The first video when I resume will be about how to get the Retrotink working with the Sega Genesis and 32X properly. That shelf tour is still way off.

Re: Plastic square acquired

Death Adder
Administrator
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Plastic square acquired

Here's a short list of some cheaper NES games I'm going to keep an eye out for.  These are all less than $10.  I'm going to take $20 or so and attempt to find these locally at used game stores for funsies.  For the most part my collection is more curated but I wanted the Golgo games and their affordable price put the idea in my head to go on an old fashioned used game store hunt session.  I will update the list as I find more inexpensive NES games.

Golgo 13
The Mafat conspiracy
Renegade
Wizardry
Narc
Magic of Sheherazade
Gum Shoe
Alien Syndrome
Joust
Dig Dug II
Lode Runner
Athena
Elevator Action
King's Knight
Dino Riki
Bump n Jump
Dynowars.

Re: Plastic square acquired

mechaMenace
A lot of people are down about Athena. I think it's OK. Maybe they were expecting arcade quality when it was ported to the NES.

The Japanese love Wizardry and Dragon Quest. Maybe there's some cross-over. I never got into those first person dungeon crawlers or games like Sword of Hope and Shadowgate. I always looked at them as one step past text games like Zork which were not my bag. I say this and there's bound to be one of these types of games in my library. Hmm, does Cosmo Tank fit at least part of the profile?

Are you looking for old-school like gun games and that is the reason why you added Gum Shoe? It's a really complicated way of making a character move similar to how Kirby Tilt and Tumble uses tilt sensors. I'm very frustrated by games like these. I love Donkey Kong Jungle Beat on the GC though since I think it succeeds in building a game where you work up a rhythm with the controls by attempting combos.

I got really bored with Scheherezade and sold it, but your a DQ guy. I think it's cheap for a reason :) I was going to suggest the Uncharted Waters, but I checked the price and it is a no go for less than $10.

I feel like any game I'd suggest that I think is less than ten, you have or is actually more than ten, especially because of this past year, but looking through my NES stuff:
- Mario Bros 1 black box (no duck hunt) because screw the pre-title screen and get straight to the true title screen of the game
- 1943
- King's Knight or Dino Riki
- Bump n Jump
- Dynowarz (maybe one of the best NES covers)

Even Sega stuff went up, but you can still get some cheap plastic (again, going from memory on prices and my library, here are some):
- Tiny Toons Buster's Hidden Treasure
- Bubba n Stix
- Technoclash
- Star Wars 32X
- Animaniacs (different than other consoles)
- Oooze

Are you into Arkanoid / Breakout? I was eyeing Arkanoid 2 on FC recently and it's like a $5 game, but it's probably not at your local stores.

Re: Plastic square acquired

I have Mario Bros and 1943.  King's Knight kind reminds me of Mercenary Force for the Gameboy and I'll add that to my list along with Dino Riki, Bump n Jump and Dynowars.  I don't want to add just any cheap game I still want them to be games that are worth at least trying or spending some time with.

Re: Plastic square acquired

mechaMenace
Yeah, not all my suggestions are fantastic time wasters (I mean, I still enjoy some Atari 2600 every now and then).

Of those I suggested, I would try to get Dynowarz and Bump n Jump as close to FREE as possible. Both have charm, but are very simplistic. I'd really like to see a remake of Dynowarz. Bump n Jump can get very frustrating too since it's has an arcade type of progression (faster, more stuff on screen). If playing a car-based game on NES, I'd rather pop in Roadblasters. Heck, get that instead. I just checked ebay and it's like a $5-$8 game.