Morton's List

Some of you have by now been invited to play Morton's List.  I have sent you a .pdf of the full game encouraging you to give it a shot.  This mega thread will be the repository for all things Morton's List.  If I don't have an easy way to contact you personally, Mecha Meance and Swingle come to mind, that's the main reason I haven't bothered you yet.

https://ia801701.us.archive.org/35/items/mortons-list/Mortons_List_The_End_to_Boredom.pdf

https://ia801701.us.archive.org/35/items/mortons-list/Mortons_List_The_End_to_Boredom_text.pdf

Here are links to the full game.  The only thing you need besides the PDF is a way to randomly generate numbers between 1 and 30.  If you're playing with a group you will also need six six sided dice to roll for Table Master.  You can always use a random number generator for this if you want to keep it digital.

To explain why I am so interested in this right now it just happened to fall together that I interviewed Tall Jess on a cosmically significant date.  I didn't have any intent to make that episode happen it just sort of fell into my lap because he's trying to promote the game anyway possible.  But this is the games twentieth anniversary.  I believe it will be July 13th. So this year the karma is strong with the game and good things will come to those willing to let fate do the driving for at least one hour.  Another reason I want to play so badly is I made an off handed comment during that interview with Tall Jess that I have 10 years to set up an interview with Robert Bruce the third and final creator of the game that I have yet to interview.  His reaction was basically "he's busy, good luck."  Which made me want to tackle the challenge head on.

Looking through the expanded rule set in the book 360 Degrees of the Inner Circle you can earn degrees much like a Free Mason and earn titles that come with powers and abilities that change and manipulate the game.  Upon earning the highest title Twilight Lord you are invited into the highest ranks of Morton's List and invited to the yearly meeting of the Twilight Lords.  Currently there are only three Twilight Lords in existence with a cap of 13 total living Twilight Lords at any given time.  To earn that title you have to earn 360 degrees, roll all of the quests on the 9 Prime tables, roll 30 or more quests from the Triumvirate tables and at least one quest from the Twilight Scroll.  Then you have to submit a copy of your quest logs, member profile and write an essay on what Morton's List means to you, who/what you think Morton is and what it truly means to become a Twilight Lord.  The Inner Council of Twilight Lords will review the materials and decide if you're in.  Once in the super secret fun club you can meet once a year to plot plots, discuss the status of Morton's List and play a game with the big boys.  I have 10 years to make this goal.

I've recently been pestering people I follow on instagram that seem like they would be a good fit for the game.  A lot of them have responded very well to the invitation.  Partly I have begun this because I do think it's a really neat game and worth people's time if you are a daring enough individual but also partly to cultivate favorable karma that will be needed to make it to the Inner Council of Twilight Lords so I can secure that third and final interview.

So when I accomplish quests in the game I will also detail and chronicle them here.  So far I have only managed to play one game with Ben.  One of my IRL friends that I think not even Balzak is aware of.  Also I encourage everyone here to download the .PDF and look through some of the quests.  Get a feel for what is possible and consider rolling a quest for yourself even if you have to play solo and report back with your experience.

Re: Morton's List

Here's a quest log for my first mission.

Re: Morton's List

Death Adder
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Morton's List

I rolled another quest this weekend with some Juggalos.  I'll write up the log and get the pictures and post them here eventually.  Don't let yourself down, roll a quest.
And by awesome I mean totally sweet.