Modern games blah blah blah

mechaMenace
Here's the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y80di1V5Zxw
Guns and sword swipes. I think the trailer is cut ok, but man, is it just me or does this seem so generic? It a mashup of various tropes. It sounded like the original Kratos voice actor is doing main guy, but voice actors might be directed to have a angry curdling yell like Kratos.

Could this be applied to most eras? I've played a lot of jump and shoot games on NES and yet I feel there's a difference between Mega Man, Demonhead, and Journey to Silius. Maybe it's because there are fewer games for systems of the past. Is this just a bad example? Does anyone get excited about this Immortal Unchained? I know these games take a lot of work to produce, but does anyone on the team at some point realize they are making the 50th God of War, DMC, Too Human clone?

I would like to go into the modern homebrew for retro scene, but that deserves its own discussion.