Mass Effect

I just got done replaying the trilogy since it's been a few years, I love 1 but barely remembered 2 or 3.......I was just reminded of how god awful ME3 was, what went wrong with the series bros?

Mass Effect 1: 5 out of 5 soulful masterpiece, especially for 2007

Mass Effect 2: 3 out of 5, some pros and cons, a mild dash of soul

Mass Effect 3: 1 out of 5, soulless bucket filled to the brim with hot dog diarrhea

Re: Mass Effect

Should I even finish the series?  I picked up ME3 at a yardsale a few years ago  but still haven't picked it up.  I enjoyed 1 quite a bit and 2 was still pretty good.  I think I even have the ps3 collection from a yard sale but I definitely don't have that much time to blast through all three of them.  If I had that kind of time I would be sinking it into Phantasy Star Online on the DC.  I finally got it online and played a little bit with a cool group.

Re: Mass Effect

I'd say no, if you are pressed time, then just play something you like instead. Maybe watch a video on YouTube summing up the series in 10 minutes or something.

But yeah the whole game just felt off and then the ending, I won't say any spoilers but it blew. I had forgot all the backlash from the ending this since a decade has passed, but they ended up releasing multiple DLC endings to make up for all of the backlash.

I got on eBay to see if I could find any cheap Mass Effect action figures to display, but with every thing physical in 2021, you have to pay 7,000 fucking dollars for anything.

That's cool Phantasy Start Online is up and running. I need to find my next game to move on to now. I was thinking the Mega Mega Legacy Collection.

Re: Mass Effect

AlexSwingle
I hated all the games, so I can't really say one way or the other. I liked the combat, but it took too long for combat to be a thing. I was hoping for KOTOR and got a dating sim.

Sci-Fi dwarves; I don't care. Blue alien hookers; I don't care. United Nation Politics; I don't care. Fetch Quests; why is the entire series a fetch quest?

@Jerry: I tapped out with ME3 when the doctor/engineer did the classic SJW maneuver of being a badass about 2 hours in. The cringe was strong when I saw Shepperd witness his inner child in the tutorial. Overall, it's a shit movie disguised as a game.

@DeathAdder: You poor bastard. I'm not sure about the modern gayming experience, so I can't give you an easy recommendation for the Xbox One. I've been using the TV box CF and I bought to play all my old games and some filthy casual Android games. I completely forgot about all the arcade collections I got from the BundleVerse and it has been a nice treat to use RetroArch as a quick pick-up-n-play system.

I did end up buying Nioh. Too bad it is a PS4+PC game, because it is practically BloodBorne and easy to recommend.
The Weebs fleeced my vidja collection.

Re: Mass Effect

In Mass Effect 1 it was mostly just if you wanted to throw it Ashley's shitter or throw it in Liara's blue tentacle snatch, and wasn't that bad.

Mass Effect 3 sucked but I barely noticed much romance in it, then again I rushed through it so fast that I actually got zero "action" in it.

But Mass Effect 2 really was like a dating sim, the small army of characters in the game, meant someone was always wanting drain your space sack. I hooked up with Jack (the skin head chick). Then apparently having all of your friends die was a big enough turn on for Miranda (butter face) to want some.

Ashley (MASS EFFECT 1) was probably the most attractive character in the game, by MASS EFFECT 3 they made her look less Hispanic and more like a white broad............kind of the opposite effect of this nightmare world we live in 2021 with gaming/tv/movies.

I still say Mass Effect 1 holds up, and I'll probably give it another run through in 10 years tbh.

ALSO WHY DOES EVERY CHARACTER IN THE GAME HAVE DADDY ISSUES?! It has to be related to people who made the game.

I was sort of thinking about playing Ocarina of Time, I made it to adult Link back in October, then after getting my ass kicked by some skeletons in the Forest Temple I put it down. I'm not a biggest 3D Zelda f** but it's sort of been calling to me. And my last run through of it was in 1999 so I'm over due.

*puts on Nintendo cardboard box armor & chugs soy milk*

BING BING WAHOOOO!!!!

Sorry for the Mecha text wall, I haven't even had any coffee this morning lol.

Re: Mass Effect

And yeah if I had a PS4 time bomb I'd buy Bloodbourne today, everyone praises that game so much. Dark Souls with guns sounds pretty bad ass.

Re: Mass Effect

Oh no need to worry, I am totally set for May with these turds, all of those thumbs up are from zoomers talking about Lego Batman...............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-DBSaXP33k

Re: Mass Effect

AlexSwingle
More like Cucks With Gold. Jesus Christ, that is a bad collection of 'free' garbage.

I consider Visual Novels and Text RPGs as Dating Sims, regardless of fucking. It felt like a shitty visual novel when I attempted Mass Effect 1. Got about 4 hours in and tapped out after the 12th fetch quest. You got better patience than me, or maybe you enjoyed the concept more than the game itself. I've succumbed to that many of times, like with Path Of Exile. I wanted to like it and tried so hard, but the game wasn't as described.

You could make an attempt at Surge 1 and 2. Those should be pretty cheap these days and will fulfill the Dank Soul love you have. I don't remember if you tried them yet, but I did have frustrating fun, which I heard is preferred for fans of Dank Souls. Seriously though, they are decent games, but with me drowning in 6,000 games, I'm not fascinated over a middle-mountain game as much as other people who just discovered boob touching.
The Weebs fleeced my vidja collection.

Re: Mass Effect

I had a massive Dark Souls II & Dark Souls III boner back in 2017, but I haven't had much desire to go back to them. The Surge looks hard AF lol, I think Bloodborne is more for normal f**s and I could get in to that one easier. So ya........I might never get around to The Surge if I'm being honest,

I couldn't figure out a game to play tonight, so I just put on National Lampoon's Vacation on HBO Max. It was a solid choice.

Re: Mass Effect

AlexSwingle
It's hilarious how Dark Souls triggered me with how cheap the difficulty spike is, yet you think Surge is hard. Could be our 'tisms tolerating different bullshit. Anyways, as much as this forum doesn't really care about getting off-topic, I would like to see Balzak respond to Mass Effect Pron and it will be harder to spot it with all my garbage. We should find another place to talk.
The Weebs fleeced my vidja collection.

Re: Mass Effect

Forum rules are for fruits.
And by awesome I mean totally sweet.