MCTV

So there's going to be a Mondo Cool TV season 2.  Of course we will finish season 1 but season 2 is going to be way bigger and way better.  I've confirmed that DATV's studio can in fact handle live broadcasts.  I've also been talking to some of my real life friends and think I'm going to be able to assemble a team to work on MCTV.  This way I don't have to worry about talking to other DATV members about working on my show or working on their show.

Live broadcasts matter because they also stream their channel to Ustream so that means you's guys will be able to tune in live.  I would like to have call ins or at the very least be able to monitor the chatroom during the show.  The show won't be 100% live.  There will be pre made segments some ideas you've already heard about some still need to be ironed out a bit.

What would you guys want to see in a video game show?  I want to hear as many ideas as possible!

Re: MCTV

It looks like MCTV Season 2 is coming along nicely.  I've assembled most of my team.  I've got several segments in the pre production stage and coming along nicely.  Later today I'm going to talk to my brother about borrowing his youngest son for part of the studio crew.  Kids under 18 can join DATV for free.  Excellent project budgeting.  After I talk to my brother I'll see if my nephew is interested, which what 13 year old kid wouldn't want to work on a TV show about vidya gaems?

I've also had an idea for a segment.  I want to have a segment with a casual conversational format discussing films and animation but filmed at a local cafe or restaurant.  In the hopes that by providing them free advertisement for being in our show they might give us free food/drinks.  I'm a cheap bastard and I want to use MCTV to get as much free bullshit as possible.  :D  Devious, I know.  Or perhaps get these locations to underwrite the program and provide us with some funds for the show itself.

Speaking of underwriting I want to get local hobby shops, comic book stores, trading card/table top gaming focused shops and used game stores to underwrite the program as well.  I've also considered asking the used game shops to donate games to the show for review purposes in exchange for shout outs.  Again I want to make this a profitable venture.

I would also like to get some of these shops to offer prizes/gift certificates for any games or contests we run on the show.  The first and so far only idea I have for a game is "Casual or Hardcore" which is a trivia game with increasingly difficult questions.  The first round would be super easy and each round would become more and more difficult to the point that only super nerdy gamers would stand a chance of winning.

Another thing I'm really excited about is that DATV streams live to Ustream.  This means anyone in the audience can watch on their smart phones, ipods, ipads and eventually PS3s.  I just did a quick google and it would seem there's going to be a Ustream app on the ps3.  I'd really enjoy that so I can actually watch my show on my TV instead of on the pc or my ipod (assuming it plays in reruns on nights its not live).  But that gives everyone in the Mondo Coolmunity the same opportunity to watch MCTV live on a TV even if you live in Scotland or Australia or some other exotic foreign land.  Shit is looking good.

Re: MCTV

Death Adder
Administrator
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: MCTV

Lets see this Terror Dome DeathAdder!

Recruited another member of the team.  We're up to four dudes which should be enough but I'm still going to ask my nephews if they want to participate.  See if we can't have a few back up dudes on the team.  I'd also like everyone to know how to run the control room so we'll never have to worry about having people on hand to put on the show.

I've got most of the games I need to start production on my House of the Dead featurette.  I've just been playing through them trying to beat the older ones.  Still need that Saturn Lightgun though.

Re: MCTV

An idea that I'm liking more and more is reviving Mondo Cool Magazine as a companion guide to MCTV.  There are a lot of notes and materials going into the production of MCTV and it would be a shame to not use these materials to their fullest.  I could also have some additional related material to go along side certain episodes.  I'm sure I'll be able to come up with more complimentary materials as the show develops.

Re: MCTV

Something I'm going to try and do with MCTV Season 2 is build up a local Mondo Coolmunity.  Once upon a time I wanted to set up tournaments using networked Xboxes.  The problem I ran into was not being able to find a cheap venue to host these events.  I had the brilliant idea of using the DATV studio space to set up these events and gatherings.  I'll use the website to have people sign up and figure out how many people we need accommodate.  Then Team Mondo Cool can set up the Studio and get ready for the event.  This can hopefully be another source of revenue for the show, build up a local audience and make for some good content on the show.

Since I have a huge raging-hard-on-super-boner for Phantasy Star Portable and its sequel right now I think we'll also try to have similar events for handhelds.  Just think local meet ups for multiplayer for Monster Hunter and Pokemon tournaments or MGS Peace Walker get togethers.  People with 3DS can meet to do that street pass bullshit.  With the handheld shit we can arrange group events at any of the local Metro Parks around Dayton, have a cook out n shit and sell drinks.   I want to make a tiny media empire so that I don't have to work a regular shitty job.

I just had another brilliant idea.  At these events at parks we can have trading/selling events.  Where game players tired of being dicked by shitty ebay influenced prices at game shops can get together and trade with other players.

Opinions?  Thoughts?

Re: MCTV

Death Adder
Administrator
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: MCTV

I was thinking $10 to enter the tournament.  Winner takes half the cash and second place gets something lame as fuck.  Maybe one of the games in my box full of games I can't fucking get rid of.

Then use that cash to buy shit for the show (totally for me) like A Wii U, PS Vita and 3DS.  The first money I take in I do want to pay back everyone that's helping with the show at the very least.  Then after I get all the current consoles and shit start buying shit for the rest of the cast and crew.  Buy games on day one for review so there's no bias by getting shit for free.  Also we'd have games on day one which would be pretty neat.

Lets say we get 16 people to enter some gay Halo 2 tournament.  That's $160 and the winner and show each take $80.  Pretty bad ass.  Shit adds up and can buy some snazzy shit for the show.

Re: MCTV

Death Adder
Administrator
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: MCTV

Technically it is the next gen.  The Wii U is current gen and all the new consoles will also be part of this current gen.  I don't think $10 is that bad depending on the event/game people are competing in.  I've got some pretty unique events planned.

What's pissing me off is getting mother fuckers on the fucking team.  Two of them have fucking vanished and won't get back to me at all so that sucks dick.  I talked to my nephews all day today and got them amped up on it and their shitty mom says they can't do it because it's in Dayton on Leo street.  There might be brown people there!  What a shit lord. I mean me, Kyle and Lester are still on board but I would really like at least one more dude but ideally two more.  Shit sucks that I had everything lined up then it all fell to shit.  I'm still going through and if we have to it'll just be the three of us.  But seriously why's it so hard for people to agree to do a thing then actually follow through?  What a bunch of useless cunts.

I'm going to talk to my brother and see if he can get his balls out of his wife's purse and talk some sense into her.  I swear.

Re: MCTV

Death Adder
Administrator
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: MCTV

I've been meaning to put one together.  Have a lot to talk about.

Re: MCTV

Camera class for DATV is complete so I can now check out their cameras.  I however do not have an SD card yet so I need to wait until I get one before I can start taping shit.  However I've got  a tab open right now and am about to order one.  Don't have the cheddar for a 64gb card but a 16gb card will do ok for now.

There are two things that I can easily record that will be easy to do and fuck around with.  One is an introduction segment where each member of the real life Terror Dome Death Squad just introduces themselves.  I have a list of questions I'm going to ask everyone.  I want to edit it in the style of a documentary so it seems like they're just talking about themselves but they're obviously being asked questions.  That should be easy to do as there's only four of us.  One of those four isn't a sure thing but fuck I hope they can work on the show.  The next thing is a game store segment.  The guy is super down for being on the show.  Hopefully I can talk him into promoting my show and shit and possibly hosting events there.  Perhaps I can host the tournaments there and cut him in on some of the profits or some shit?

The thing I'm most excited about is my possible co host.  I talked to my friend Kes who is an attractive female that totally exists and shit.  So naturally if she is on the show it will definitely be a massive youtube super hit.  While she may not be a hardcore nerd she does like Animu and some Vidya.  She will definitely be a strong asset on the show.  Also because of her profession I have an excellent resource that will make the other DATV fags think I'm awesome as fuck and will make the MCTV smut special something very memorable.  Looking forward to the shit for reals.

I solved my biggest problem yesterday.  For some reason  I wasn't able to install audacity on this machine. One quick google later and I downloaded some shit and am all good to go.  Which means now I can't procrastinate any longer and need to actually start recording some audio.  My big plans for today are to record the gameplay for the first "Just the Tip" segment and then record some audio for it.  This or the Perfect Pixels Mai Shiranui segment will be the first segment that gets completed.  Things are looking pretty good.

Re: MCTV

Death Adder
Administrator
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: MCTV

Filled out a request form for a Camera, Mic and Tripod.  Going to fuck around with that thing and film my first segment.  Going to be awesome and I can't wait.

At the last class I met a dude and what I assume to be his girlfriend (both bare foot and heavily pierced) who are doing a cooking show.  The dude is a lighting guy so I allied with him and offered to help on his show if he helps me do studio lighting and shit.

Re: MCTV

Balzak802
Speaking of which, where is MCTV going to be hosted this time. I am guessing blip.tv since you are investing a lot more time into the production of the show. Or did you find a different streaming service?

Re: MCTV

I'm going to employ a devious work around to try and get some youtube money out of it.
And by awesome I mean totally sweet.