List of items needed for MCTV

Just so you guys know whats taking so long with Mondo Cool TV.  I've been saving up a fuck ton of dollars to buy camera items and things for show segments.  I still have a long way to go.  But I wanted to compile a list of all the shit I need.

Things for specific segments and improved video quality:
Work Bench - to work on and kind of a set for This Old Vidya.
Soldering Iron - I'm going to get a nice one instead of cheap wal mart garbage.
Crimp Pin connectors - I'm going to make another composite cable for TG16/PC Engine the old segment is shit.
3 Button Genesis Controllers - I need at least one.  To make a Zero Tolerance Link cable.
2 Duratrax C2192 NiMh 7.2v 1600mah batteries - for a Game Gear project
Heat gun - reflowing solder, heat shrink tubing and shit you use a heat gun for
DPDT switch - going to region mod another Saturn
Genesis S video mod - improve video quality and shit
Atari 7800 S Video mod
XRGB Mini Framemeister
Bomberman Multi tap for SNES - A bomberman episode
HDMI multi tap with HDCP - to record PS3 with HDMI
Back up Hard drives - archive video and shit
DVD Recorder

Camera Shit:
Product turn table - For getting sweet product shots on the show.
DSLR Slider - getting smooth moving shots
H4n Zoom - Audio recorder
Lapel Mic
Dead cat filter
Ball head X2 - for my shoulder rig
Friction Arm - more shoulder rig shit
Tablet that works with DSLR controller - use as an external monitor
More studio lights
Mono pod - mono poding.
DSLR Jib - use it for crane shots on locations
Tablet tri pod mount
Phone tripod mount
Back pack camera bag
Better tripods
Microphones for the studio area

Games for segments:
ToeJam and Earl - Have PSN version so dont really need it but it would be nice.
Zone of the Enders Fist of MARS on GBA -  Need it for an episode
GB Ever Drive - play specific english patched games for two season 2 epiodes

I'm going to conduct some S video experiments.  I recently recorded some Saturn footage and it looked like shit.  Might be the native resolution of the game as I was super happy with out House of the Dead turned out.  But I've been wanting to at least upgrade to S video for a while.  So there are a few systems that need to be modded as well as some harder to find video cables I will need to hunt down.  There are a lot of crappy bootleg S video cables that don't really output S video they just put composite through an S video connection.  It's terrible.

Re: List of items needed for MCTV

Death Adder
Administrator
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: List of items needed for MCTV

I know man it's a lot of shit.  But I don't need all of it at once and not all of it is that expensive.  But for the vision I have I want to beef up my production quality.

Re: List of items needed for MCTV

Kazlab208
So even with all this needed equipment, can you give us an ETA of when the first episode MCTV Season 2 will air? I imagine most of this stuff for is for Season 3 but with the new camera, that might have given you some head start in production.

Re: List of items needed for MCTV

The goal is January 2016. I really want to upgrade my ability to record game play.  I've been looking into RGB and the framemeister.  I may upgrade what I can to RGB and S video.   That should make things look way better but it won't be a season 2 thing.  I would like to go back and release a remastered season 2 when I make those upgrades.  I'm going to try to film the shit that requires the camera gear and studio shit last so I have a chance to make the needed up grades.

Before I go shoot anything at a store I need to get my camera rig sorted out.  With $30 I'll have it good enough to do some location shoots.  Ideally I would like to get a tablet that will work with DSLR controller to add to my rig as a nice large external monitor.  I'll be able to use it wirelessly too.  So the tablet I'm looking at is around $100 and I'll need a few bits to mount it to the rig which will run me about $20.  So in the next month or two I'll be able to get some location work done.

VAG is mainly editing practice. I'm getting to where I can crank these out fairly fast with no problem.  That's with recording my audio on a separate set up and mixing it together which took me a while to perfect but I believe I've perfected it.  Listen to the newer episodes compared to some of the older ones.

Re: List of items needed for MCTV

Kazlab208
Is there an ETA on MCC or MCTV? Asking since January is coming to an end next week.

Re: List of items needed for MCTV

I still need to film the host segment for the first episode...and I came down with the Flu and then caught pneumonia.  I had such a bad cough I lost my voice so I can't record the host segments.  I was on track to have the first episode release during the end of January but It's looking like there'll be two episodes in February.

Other than the host segments the episode's done.  I also got a set piece that I needed to start filming the repair segments...I just need to put that together.  Perhaps this weekend.
And by awesome I mean totally sweet.