Hi

Sup fellas.

Re: Hi

Kazlab208
Hangin in there

Re: Hi

Glad to hear it.  I've been working an awful lot and taking care of all of these babies.  Same old shit.  Hope corona lock down hasn't hit you too hard.  I've been just doing the same old shit I've always done but now there's less people in the way...it's been awesome honestly.

Re: Hi

Kazlab208
Glad to hear you are doing okay. Did you end up getting a call back for that higher paying job?

Also COVID is not too bad in my area but all of CA is on lock down till at least early June. I'm hearing there are a couple southern states that opened last week so I'm sure DeathAdder will have a lot to say about that.

Re: Hi

yeah I've been working at the new job since February.  I have way less time than I used to which kind of sucks but I am making a lot more money so I guess that's cool.

Re: Hi

Kazlab208
That's cool. Glad to hear you are doing more than okay.

Does that new job let you bring something in with a camera or do they have even more restrictions?

Re: Hi

way less restrictive.  I just bought a laptop with the goal of being editing videos on the clock.  we will see how that goes.  I'm going to wait till after I'm trained before I start trying to do that though.

Re: Hi

Glad to hear you got the new job, I was worried once the plandemic hit that it would fuck you over JT. Speaking of that kind of stuff, Archive.org where the MCC, a lot of the Mondo-Round Universe podcasts, and just a lot of stuff in general is under fire and the site may go down at some point, so back up what you want now!

I know I've mentioned him here before since he use to be an enemy but now is probably one of my favorite "old school" YouTubers Ed Findlay (retrogamer3) has been putting out some pretty lulzy videos I think yall would enjoy.

Happy Console Gamer Sellout:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bggAmR8khZk

The PS5 Design:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_bBZnnRgo8

Once things settle down for you, we can try and record something, July is probably a bad month, going to be out in the woods for like a week here soon.

I haven't been excited for any new games, just playing a lot of games on XBOX Game Pass and collecting some old dirt cheap 360 games. Curious AF about the price of the new consoles though.

Anyways, stay safe out there in Commiefornia Balzak and same for you in The Land of 10,000 Juggalos JT!

Re: Hi

Kazlab208
Glad to hear your doing okay DeathAdder. I'm doing fine here in Commiefornia but from the look of things, these restricitions are gonna be here for the rest of the year.

That trip to the woods sounds pretty nice. It's probably would help to stay away from all this COVID nonsense for a week and not having to worry about wearing a mask. Hope to hear about it in a future DASS. Maybe you can take your phone out into the woods at night and record a DASS on the spot away from civilization. Just throwing that out there.

Re: Hi

Yeah maybe I'll record something there. Maybe I'll have my last recording be of me getting eaten by a bear like in Grizzly Man, that would be pretty cool. I did just upload a couple of new episodes. I dunno, with Archive.org possibly dying out and just after 5 years of regularly taking about the same type of stuff, I am kind of thinking about hanging up DASS at the end of the year, not for sure but it' been a thought, so if you've got any comments/audio comments flood them in now to be safe.

Oh there is a new Dreamcast game out Balzak. The guy in the video loves Dreamcast maybe even more than you, he spergs out about it in every video.

VOLGARR THE VIKING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNoCcoAeGuY

Re: Hi

I went ahead and doomsday prepped the MCC's off of Archive.org just in case, there are another couple of old podcasts I need to still do this for, ones that aren't around anymore.

Are there any other websites similar to Archive.org? The Blogger alongside Archive have worked so well for so long :(

Re: Hi

Looking back at these, man The Mondo Cool Cast ran HARD in 2011 & 2012 lol

Re: Hi

Kazlab208
You missed Episode 87. Here's a link

https://ia800304.us.archive.org/34/items/MondoCoolCast/00087.mp3

2011 and 2012 were peak Mondo Cool years where Jerry was keeping it up with a live show every week.

Re: Hi

Thanks Balzak, I must have let that one slip by! I randomly picked episode 83 from august 2012 to listen to in the background, Jerry is hosting a LIVE MCC while talking about Mondo Cool Monthly and yelling at Retro Kaiser for an hour lol, good times.

Re: Hi

This sounds fairly entertaining to me I will have to give it a listen.  Why do we believe archive.org is going under?  I thought it was more of an attack on the wayback machine.  Should I be more worried than I am?  I believe I have all the shows on HDD but I might buy a dedicated usb drive or two to archive it all.

Re: Hi

I read some posts on /pol/ about it (I'm too dumb to remember all the details) and considering how a lot of history is being erased, taking down Archive.org isn't a bad place to start.

It could be nothing, but it spooked me enough to back up a couple of old podcasts.

If anything it helped motivate me in to organizing like 15 yeas worth of garbage on my laptop and internets in to a neatly organized system of folders on a portable hard drive lol.

Re: Hi

Yeah I archive anything I see of interest.  I download videos and screen shot anything that I know I'll want to see later.  I also have an idea of starting a spreadsheet to track news stories.  You wouldn't believe how much stuff that was major news that you forget basically immediately.  But I haven't started doing that.  I was following Black Forest Rambo for a while but didn't keep up with it to see was on the run for 5 days.
And by awesome I mean totally sweet.