Genesis-Mega Drive lock out chip workaround

Genesis-Mega Drive lock out chip workaround

Cendoo
I have recently discovered that a Genesis can play pal games with the use of a game genie and the right code. It was really quite impressive.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/genesis/916377-genesis/faqs/60595

Re: Genesis-Mega Drive lock out chip workaround

Will it work for Japanese games too?  Some day there might be a Mega Drive game that I need to own.  I was actually looking at a JPN Mega Drive game last week.

Re: Genesis-Mega Drive lock out chip workaround

Cendoo
I don't think so. I own a japanese cartridge now and they don't fit inside the genesis so, yeah. A japanese system is at least playable on a NA TV unlike pal

Re: Genesis-Mega Drive lock out chip workaround

I've region modded a genesis.  You just have to cut little bit of plastic out to get a JPN cart to fit. So I bet if you did that it would work.
And by awesome I mean totally sweet.