Game of the Year 2021

Death Adder
Administrator
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Game of the Year 2021

Kazlab208
Never really had a GOTY for 2021 since I didn't play any new games this year. However, if we are just saying games we had the most fun with this year regardless then I'll go with Mizzurna Falls for the PS1. It was released back in 1998 in Japan but it just got an English Fan Translation out this year. It's literally Deadly Premenition for PS1 and it's glorious for it's jank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR7jZgZwbIU

2022 looks like it might be promising with this House of the Dead Remake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBrjzCvbVkU

Sadly it's only on Switch for now so hoping for a PS4 port.

Re: Game of the Year 2021

Death Adder
Administrator
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Game of the Year 2021

For me Yakuza Like a Dragon was the game I put the most time into.  I'm towards the end of it and have been doing all the side missions and shit.  I think I'm about 80% through the story.  Absolutely loved it.  Bought it at full price when it came out which is something I very rarely do.

There haven't been many games I spent too much time with this year.  Played the fuck out of River City Girls and almost 100%'d it.  Really had a good  time playing with my woman.  I played Shadow Squadron on my 32X a little bit then downloaded the Saturn sequel Stellar Assault SS and played that for about a week every night after putting my son down to bed.  It's just a basic space combat sim where you fly around and take out enemy fighters and carriers.  It's an arcade style game so something I could pick up for 30 mins and have a bit of fun before bed without having to think too much.  I played a bit of Bulk Slash also on the Saturn but not the translated and patched version which I do want to play since they translated the voice acting which is apparently important to the game.  Oh I got some Nintendo points for Christmas and bought the Dragon Quest character DLC for Smash Bros and played that for a bit.  Even let my son mess around with a controller...I think he's taking to video games better than my daughter, she is uncoordinated as fuck with games.  Also bought The Messenger on Switch.  It's a 2d sidescroller inspired by Ninja Gaiden.  It's alright.

That's really about it.  I have not had too much video game t ime.

Re: Game of the Year 2021

@BalZak I am looking forward to the House of the Dead remake.  I am really hoping that the joy cons IR sensor bullshit allow you to shoot somewhat like you did with the Wii light gun games.  It will be so disappointing if you just move a reticule with an analog stick.  I'll buy it regardless because HOTD is one of my favorite series but it just ain't the same if you ain't shooting.

Also looking forward to River City Girls 2.  Probably the game I'm most looking forward to tbh.

Re: Game of the Year 2021

Death Adder
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Game of the Year 2021

AlexSwingle
Nioh was my game of the year
Runner-ups: Star Wars Battlefront 2 (reboot, real attempts at acting)
Heroes Of Hammerwatch (don't play it unless your friends can't decide what to play)
The Weebs fleeced my vidja collection.

Re: Game of the Year 2021

I bieve Yakuza Kiwami and Yakuza Kiwami are on steam. Those are the remakes of Yakuza 1 and 2. I've never played them because Im cooler than most and played the ps2 versions when no one was hip to the series. If you have a ps4 basically the entire series is on ps4.

Yakuza Like a Dragon is a good entry point because it stars a new protagonist but it's a JRPGso you may be less interested. It has all of the humor and side missions Yakuza is famous for though. I think most of the main series games are only like 15 hours if you do all the side stuff. It's basically a beat em up with Japanese high drama and absurd humor.