Free Digital Vidja

Once in awhile I hear about some free vidja, even if my laptop can't run it, I click the link for future times. Figured you guys might want that Ghostbusters game.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/ghostbusters-the-video-game-remastered/home

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/blair-witch/home

Re: Free Digital Vidja

Kazlab208
Oh man, I gotta grab that Ghostbusters game. I know Jerry reviewed it back on a really early MCC episode years ago when he picked it up the PS3 version from the $20 bin. Also remember on one of the first G & DB Radio episodes where they were raving about this game.

This version is different though with it being actual 1080p 60 FPS so the picture looks a bit better and runs smother than the 360/PS3 version.

Re: Free Digital Vidja

Kazlab208
This post was updated on .
For anyone interested, they are giving away a ton of free games on Epic Games Store over the next two weeks. This is a $250 deal easily on Steam that you get for free on Epic Games Store.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/free-games

Re: Free Digital Vidja

Mmmm ok.  Thanks for the heads up.

Re: Free Digital Vidja

Thanks

Re: Free Digital Vidja

Kazlab208
Wait never mind, it was a troll list. Epic Games is giving away a free game every day until the 31st though.

Re: Free Digital Vidja

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/free-games

Rage 2 free rn

This link really is worth clicking on once a week, by the time I get a powerful enough PC one of these days, I'll be pretty tempted to use Epic over Steam with all of the games they throw at us. I must have 40 free games on there already.

Re: Free Digital Vidja

AlexSwingle
Epic Games is my favorite Chinese market place. I haven't spent a dime there, but I have been able to try out some trash from the past few years.

They had Remnant: Children Of The Ashes on there. The most boring Dark Souls game I've played. They made it possible to summon minions that will defeat every boss in the game by themselves. They have it where the enemies auto-target you mid animation, so every now and then when you'd think there is room to not need to dodge, you get slapped for half your life. HARD PASS

Rage 2 is Farcry 3: Mad Max edition. The shotgun took forever to be useful. I pretty much got halfway through the game when they gave me the ability to upgrade a weapon's damage. I maxed it out immediately and the game then became playable. Altogether, there is some decent combat and a better racing experience, even if they treat it as a mini-game. NOT BAD
The Weebs fleeced my vidja collection.

Re: Free Digital Vidja

I won't be able to play it on PC, but Control is free rn, it's by the Alan Wake people

You mean the Alan Woke people.
The Weebs fleeced my vidja collection.

Re: Free Digital Vidja

lol you're probably just being funny, but I didn't remember any wokeness in Alan Wake, I think I'll start calling it Alan Woke now, the story details are a little fuzzy but I remember both loving the atmosphere and the combat in it, a very good game.

Quantum Break I played to the end and never got in to though.

Re: Free Digital Vidja

AlexSwingle
The joke being that after Alan Wake, they became a shit game dev. Control is Quantum Break with a girl. ASK ME HOW I KNOW. The game was included in the Humble Monthly about two months ago and it was awful. The game itself wasn't bad, but only if you can turn your brain off.

Alan Wake was in that sweet spot where it wasn't trendy to be SJW, otherwise Alan would rely on his fanny pack while regretting he scolded his imaginary wife for killing their kid. 'Cause you know, women should never be slapped, no matter the circumstance.
The Weebs fleeced my vidja collection.

Re: Free Digital Vidja

Sonic Mania free until July 1

Sonic Mania has controller support. You should try it with your Xboner.
The Weebs fleeced my vidja collection.

Re: Free Digital Vidja

I'd rather have the disc version to plug and play on my TV, but free is the perfect price. I just got a Sega Saturn usb controller with a long cord that should make this a good way to play it.

Re: Free Digital Vidja

AlexSwingle
All 'Free To Play' games that aren't MMOs.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/312990/The_Expendabros/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/563560/Alien_Swarm_Reactive_Drop/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/702810/Shooty_Skies/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1214540/SUPER_CIRCUIT_BREAKERS/

I can mention more, but I rather piecemeal my curated list so people won't get overwhelmed.
The Weebs fleeced my vidja collection.