Emlpoyees not allowed to stop or confront shoplifters

Emlpoyees not allowed to stop or confront shoplifters

mechaMenace

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/walgreens-shoplifter-fills-trash-bag-with-stolen-goods-and-bikes-out-of-store-11623780057
The mixed messaging I get living in society these days. Don't steal. We pay people to wear a jacket that says security. Americans want to sue for spilling hot coffee on themselves. This is what you get. And no, DA, this is not a California issue. It's a corporate bureaucratic-BS issue. It's an every state issue. It's an every man for himself issue.
The feeling you get as a citizen is you shouldn't help because the shoplifter will hire a lawyer with no moneys yet get a payday and you get a criminal record. We're living in backwards land. Our society has stuck its head so forward it's up it's own ass.
I'm not in favor of defining laws as they take away freedoms, but how about a law that states, 'If you get injured committing a crime, it's your own damn fault and you're not allowed to take legal action against any entity'.

Re: Emlpoyees not allowed to stop or confront shoplifters

America is becoming a third world country, it favors degenerates over good people.

Was this a Walgreens, I use to work at a drug store many years ago and some guy got arrested for stealing a bunch of Mach 3 razors (a degenerate brand funny enough) and then I went around referring to the guy as Slash McRazor for awhile, it got a decent pop out of my co-workers.

And yeah all of the country is on it's way out, but Cali is def the leader of the pack. If I ever win a lottery of over 100 million, I promise to buy you and Balzak each your own RV motor homes.

Re: Emlpoyees not allowed to stop or confront shoplifters

California is far worse friend.

Re: Emlpoyees not allowed to stop or confront shoplifters

mechaMenace
I've read some pretty messed up stories about Florida and more recently (last two-years-ish), NYC. It's like everything Giuliani did to clean up the city is being undone.

This one made me so sad last year:
https://www.wspa.com/news/father-killed-in-drive-by-shooting-while-walking-with-6-year-old-daughter-in-ny/
That article has footage of the event happening.