Cool expensive toy

mechaMenace
Didking around in my non-spare time (it was research...), this dude popped up in a image search for something completely different.
straight outta toon town:

$Fressh two-hundred bills$
https://mondoshop.com/products/wolverine-1-6-scale-figure

From the intro

And hey, why not a Morph head just for kicks? Didn't this guy die and be resurrected way later as an enemy of the X-Men?

Re: Cool expensive toy

I've never liked X Mans that much.

Re: Cool expensive toy

mechaMenace
Aw, man, really? It was soaps for kids. I had a roommate 15 years ago or so that went through the entire series on one of those streaming sites. I didn't sit down to watch every episode, but rather would catch glimpses as I passed his "room" (he lived in the main room which opened into the kitchen). It didn't have that mature feel like Batman and it definitely could be goofy at times, but I thought it had a really cool arc overall. It's similar to Adventure Time in that way. I wonder if there are any similar toons today.

I'm looking forward to the Sonic Prime toon being released this month. I've avoided watching the trailer, but from the one screencap I've seen, it looks like it's more based in Moebius like Adventures of Sonic vs Sonic SatAM, which is the Sonic universe I prefer. Give me checkerboard ground and loop-de-loops any day!

Re: Cool expensive toy

Death Adder
Administrator
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Cool expensive toy

mechaMenace
Death Adder wrote
I got this X-Men shirt at Target for like 5 bucks, it has all of the classic X-Men broads on it, their boobs are mildly nerfed on it, but it was worth the 5 bucks.
This one?

The great thing about older inclusive material is that people didn't give a flying F if there were girls in the forefront because characters were well-developed. The same thing could be said for any character. All characters start off shallow interests (look cool or has cool powers) but then you learn about them and integrate them into the group of characters you care about.

I had no idea who Jubilee was, but the series used her bewilderment about being thrown out of her home for being a rotten mutant and then being embraced by the odd grouping of X-Men with their uncanny powers as a great setup for the series.

I think a lot of people push back against females or so-called minority groups in nerd-dom because the characters and stories aren't written as well. Some are good. I recommend watching the She Hulk TV show. I was surprised, but I wasn't expecting anything going in other than a show with super people. I think I liked it more than Moon Knight, but maybe it was just because it was a different kind of super hero show. Something really cool happens in the show, btw. I'm glad it wasn't spoiled for me.

Death Adder wrote
I heard they are rebooting the series, I can't wait to see the episode where Wolverine cuts his own cock off with his adamadamtum claws lol.
That's cool. I will look into this. I imagine the show will happen once mutants appear in MCU movies (though technically some already have).

Re: Cool expensive toy

Death Adder
Administrator
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Cool expensive toy

mechaMenace
They definitely nerfed the boobs. Jim Lee X-Men this is not! C'mon you really want to see how that artist would butcher Psylocke?

While not a fan of twerking, I get it being a young person thing. I never knew who Megan was even though I read the name in headlines. Now I do. That episode was pretty funny. It was about a former co-worker who was a dumby / jerk (kind of reminds me of Gob from Arrested Development) who didn't know he was dating an old Asgardian elf lady that shapeshifted into Megan when they dated and extorted a ton of money out of him.

Overall the series gets good marks from me who admittedly had no interest in She-Hulk whatsoever going into it. Some things are offputting. Post-credits scenes are something extra--enjoy or not. Few things in those scenes come back around. Maybe one, but it's a pretty awesome tease though.

If you want my stance on Captain Brie; I agree with you, it's not good, but it is less about forcing girl power and more about how the story is jammed in one movie, not giving it enough time to breathe, plus it's a shame we first weren't intoduced to the original Captain Marvel via the Shiar Empire in an X-Men movie arc about Phoenix. I'm speaking of Marvel Cinematic Universe and not the crap they pulled with the Fox ones. ugh, At least both the older and younger X-Men movies started strong.

I don't read comics any more and I never really read DC, though that's a damn shame. I guess DC sees a paying audience in those that rapaciously devours material about reducing the anogenital distance in human males. Vote Democrat!

Ant has assets

Re: Cool expensive toy

mechaMenace
For old tyme sake: