Any experience with this N64 memory mod, Jerry?

Any experience with this N64 memory mod, Jerry?

mechaMenace
I'm not sure how many people frequent the forums with mod skillz, but I dig this mod: http://www.dbwbp.com/index.php/10-electronic-projects/20-nintendo-64-memory-card-fram-non-volatile-memory-mod

Do you dig it?

It replaces battery-backed memory cards for the N64 with flash RAM. It looks simple. I have to check my third party paks (Nintendo spelling) and see if they too use a battery. I'd like to rest easy knowing that after I'm dead and gone, my custom 7up Cool Spot paint job in Top Gear Rally still exists for those to oodle.

Re: Any experience with this N64 memory mod, Jerry?

Nah I'm not familiar with this mod.  Not something I think I would bother with.

Re: Any experience with this N64 memory mod, Jerry?

mechaMenace
The part is cheap ($2 shipped from China in 2 weeks to 3 months--somewhere in the middle). I open N64 memory cards for cleaning when I find them and am reminded that there is a battery in there. I thought maybe you did this mod since you replaced all the batteries in your games with holstered batteries.