A Good 8/16-Bit RPG For Casual Scum?

Death Adder
Administrator
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: A Good 8/16-Bit RPG For Casual Scum?

Kazlab208
Sadly, most 8 or 16 bit RPGs, I could never force myself to play more than 5-7 hours in them before I get completely bored. Those games are completely outdated and not worth the time anymore unless you grew up with them.

Maybe it is my biased of not having grown up in that time. But I have been meaning to play Dragon Quest 8 but I have been unsuccessful at ever starting that game? Heard that was a pretty good RPG and is hopefully not as grind heavy as the earlier Dragon Quests.

Re: A Good 8/16-Bit RPG For Casual Scum?

I don't think the games are that badly outdated.  If you enjoy turn based combat it can be a lot of fun.  If you don't like turn based combat you won't have fun no matter what.  And keep in mind it's only grinding if all progress stops and you have to level up to proceed.  Dragon Warrior 1 on the Gameboy Color is a nice short game to dip your toes into for an 8 bit experience that's fairly streamlined.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: A Good 8/16-Bit RPG For Casual Scum?

I loved Zelda II.  I found a really bare bones guide.  It was just 8 bullet points that told you what order to beat the dungeons in and fucking loved it.  Taking out some of the cryptic shit helps... and one of the directions in the game is wrong.  Like it says go east but means go west.
And by awesome I mean totally sweet.